mits ws55809

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Nichols, May 27, 2002.

1. Brian Nichols

Brian Nichols Auditioning

Does anyone else with a mits ws55809 have a problem where the color decoder (as tested via filters in the AVIA disk) gives different results whether you are in component 1 or 2 or dtv input (also different with composite input)? With DTV input, I have eliminated the red push with a 3db attenuator, but the green is a -25% pull! Greens look muted on DTV. On component 1, the green is better, about -15% (again via AVIA filters). Is this a problem with my mits or all mits rptvs in general?

2. John Royster

John Royster Screenwriter

Don't rely on AVIA filters for accuracy. They're good to get pretty close.

Use a towel over specific lenses or run a single CRT at the same time and recheck.

Also remeber that if you are running 1080i that the color decoder is a little different. 480i/p use the same values, but 1080i is different.

3. Brian Nichols

Brian Nichols Auditioning

John,

Thanks for the reply. So does that mean I should be pretty happy with -25% on the green? I've read many posts where people had within 5% of 0 on all 3 guns (with the red push fix on mits). It seems like I should get closer than basically the bottom of the scale on green. I'm having the TV exchanged tomorrow and will post my results. If the new one is off a similar amount, I am thinking about sending it back since this model of mits is very "tweaking" unfriendly with the lockouts in the menu, etc. Has anyone else had a similar experience and if so, did you just live with it, get an i2c fix, or send it back?

Thanks,
    Brian