What's new

mits ws55809 (1 Viewer)

Brian Nichols

Auditioning
Does anyone else with a mits ws55809 have a problem where the color decoder (as tested via filters in the AVIA disk) gives different results whether you are in component 1 or 2 or dtv input (also different with composite input)? With DTV input, I have eliminated the red push with a 3db attenuator, but the green is a -25% pull! Greens look muted on DTV. On component 1, the green is better, about -15% (again via AVIA filters). Is this a problem with my mits or all mits rptvs in general?

John Royster

Screenwriter
Don't rely on AVIA filters for accuracy. They're good to get pretty close.

Use a towel over specific lenses or run a single CRT at the same time and recheck.

Also remeber that if you are running 1080i that the color decoder is a little different. 480i/p use the same values, but 1080i is different.

Brian Nichols

Auditioning
John,

Thanks for the reply. So does that mean I should be pretty happy with -25% on the green? I've read many posts where people had within 5% of 0 on all 3 guns (with the red push fix on mits). It seems like I should get closer than basically the bottom of the scale on green. I'm having the TV exchanged tomorrow and will post my results. If the new one is off a similar amount, I am thinking about sending it back since this model of mits is very "tweaking" unfriendly with the lockouts in the menu, etc. Has anyone else had a similar experience and if so, did you just live with it, get an i2c fix, or send it back?

Thanks,
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks