What's new

Mits SR HD500 Direct TV receiver... (1 Viewer)

David Kraus

Auditioning
Anyone experienced HD with thier Pioneer HDTV by using the new Mitsubishi SRHD500? I have been on a list to receive this new receiver/dish for over a year. I should be picking it up soon. I have considered over the last year to just pick up the Pioneer Elite HD receiver but my last check priced it at $2000.00 versus the Mits dish/receiver combo at $999.00.
David Kraus

ReneA

Agent
I'm considering the same combo setup for my Mitsu TV. Is there any comparison with the HUGHES combo setup? I've been told that Hughes makes the Mitsu receiver. Has anyone else heard?
------------------

Sharon

Auditioning
I have the Mits HD500 hooked up to an Elite 610. I am very happy, except my neighbors tree blocks direct TV's HDTV satellite. But the Washington DC broadcasts OTA digital/HDTV signals
Note: I hooked up both component and s-video to input 2 on the 610. Then I use the remote to switch between inputs. This allows me to use the great pioneer line double/natural wide mode setting when I watch non digital/HDTV stations.

David Kraus

Auditioning
Sharon,
Thanks for your response. You live near my old stomping grounds! I grew up in Bowie, MD. I have a question for you. Do you have an external OTA antenna hooked up to the Mits HD500? If you do, how do those HD broadcasts look? Did you have the antenna already or have it installed once you had the HD500. Do you simply switch between antenna and Direct TV?
Thanks,
David

Sharon

Auditioning
At this time a have an old radio shack omnidirectional antenna hooked up to the receiver. It picks up the DC digital stations most of the time. The picture is wonderful, especially the PBS HDTV shows (they loop so I have seen Ireland many times). Even the digital TV pictures look good. You just have to get used to the black bars on the side. I have never enjoyed watching March Madness as much as I have this year (GO Maryland and Congrats to Catholic University Div III Champs). I am looking for a better UHF antenna. I have tried the double bow tie but it did not work better then my current one. I found an Channel Master Antenna store near me so I am going there this week. I have to put the antenna an upstairs room, and I am greedy, I want Baltimore HDTV stations also.
I have purchased all my new video equipment in the last three months. I could not be happier with the choices I have made.

Users who are viewing this thread