What's new

Mits service menu (1 Viewer)

Dan Wesnor

Second Unit
I need to reset the green convergence on my 42" Mits. It was one of the Best Buy models, I think one model year back (I don't have the exact number_.

Anybody know how to get the the green convergence screen?

Chad B

Stunt Coordinator
Only reset it if you have a geometry grid template and you're positive you want to take on an in depth project and possibly be without a watchable TV for a couple days in case you run into a problem. I can't stress this enough-- only do this if you're very prepared!
If you still want to do it, email me and I'll get you the code.

Robert P. Jones

Second Unit
There is no such thing as green convergence. There is green geometry, and there is red and blue convergence, either red or blue to green or blue to red, after red to green.

Fortunately in your case, on the Mits's the red and blue follow the green just like they do in the expensive ceiling mount pjs. It still needs to be fine-tuned once the green has been changed massively - as happens when you are taking in overscan - but there is far less work doing this on a Mit than on a Tosh or a Pio or a Hit, where in each case you have to do the red and blue completely independently of the green. Which is a lot more work.

If you are just redoing it a little bit, to correct some curved or non-paralleled/angled lines, it can be done in short order.

Whenever you take in the overscan on a Mit to the desired 4-4.5%, however, doing so completely hoses the green geometry and the red/green/blue convergence. Redoing the green template and then applying a high precision convergence utilizing all 3 colors can take several hours even for an experienced calibrator.

I echo what was just said - be very aware of what you are getting yourself into before you paint yourself into that corner. A template is not strictly necessary - I never use one, I used one once on a Philips and discarded it immediately afterwards - but be afraid. Be very afraid...

Mr Bob

Dan Wesnor

Second Unit
Making a template is easy enough. I've redone the green grid on my Pioneer before, but I've never done a Mits. I just need to know what buttons to push (and more importantly, what buttons not to push).

When I hooked up an HD receiver, the grid was nowhere near close to square. The set was repaired 9 months ago, and it looks like they didn't reset the HD geometry, or it was never set at the factory.

Robert P. Jones

Second Unit
Try Menu 2157, 2257 or 0357. Hit menu again to exit. No registers will be changed unless you tell them to be, in this menu. (Unlike the xx59 menu, where any changes you make get automatically saved once you exit the menu.)

Mr Bob

Robert P. Jones

Second Unit
Yes, except that registers keep disappearing the SM's lineup, on the Mits's. Other than that, the only differences will be that the same thing might be found under another register number, model to model. They don't change their functions, tho.

If you have trouble getting into the Defl. Jung menu, try xx53.

Mr Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks