Mits Red push attenuator -- 3dB??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rick Wilson, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Rick Wilson

Rick Wilson Stunt Coordinator

Aug 1, 2002
    I used Avia on my new 65909 last night and found that the red is +25. In order to drop the red with the user settings, I lose quite a bit of green and blue. If I can find a ISF technician a couple of months from now (after the 150 or so hours), I may get them to recalibrate. However, for now, I'd like to just reduce the red.

I've read about a homemade attenuator that has 30 and 390 ohm resistors. Another poster stated this was the equivalent to a 3dB attenuator. Is this correct? I can not find the directions on making one so I thought I would just buy a commercially available 3dB if it is the same.

Also, another thread states that the attentuator does not fix the red push when using the HD 1080i input. Is this correct? I have the Hughes E86 set to 1080 resolution in the 1080i input and a progressive DVD player in the Component 1 input.

Thanks for any help.
  2. Pete Jennings

Pete Jennings Second Unit

Sep 13, 1999
    Hi Rick, if you will keep an eye on this link you should be able to find 1 or 2 used attenuators for sale fairly quickly. I believe I have also seen them here on the HTF For-Sale forum. They go pretty fast, so act quickly when you see one. You can normally get them used for $25 shipped. They are worth every penny! [​IMG] I can email you contact info for getting them from a ISF tech that makes them just in case you can't find a used one. Radio Shack no longer carries all the parts you need to build them.[​IMG]
    From what I have read, you can't use them on the HD input. My 65809 doesn't appear to have the red push very badly on that input anyway.
    Good luck!