Mits owners - discreet remote HDMI command?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Kenneth Harden, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

I have a Mits WD-52528 and a MX-850 remote (will learn/do ANYTHING).

Everything works great, but is there a discreet command to change the input to HDMI? I cannot find anything and it is a tiny, little detail that is holding back everything.

The 'fun' solution would be a receiver with HDMI switching, but thats not happening now :)

Thanks!

2. RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv Stunt Coordinator

I don't haved this TV, but I previously had a Mitsubishi HD TV. I presume there is no discrete button on the Mits remote that you can use to teach the MX-850. Try www.remotecentral.com where there is a section for your remote. Discrete command info can also be found at www.hifi-remote.com where there is information for One For All remotes, but there is probably a section for codes for discrete commands for your TV, and you can at least find out there if one exists. If it does, there should be a way to get it into your MX-850. There is actually a web site that sells the MX remotes with a cheap OFA remote so that you can put discrete commands into the OFA and then teach them to the MX.

I suspect there is a discrete code for the HDMI input even if it is not on the original remote. My Mitsubishi remote had no discrete input buttons, but I found the codes at the www.hifi-remote.com site and was able to program my OFA remote with them.

SMK