Mits 'features'?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ed St. Clair, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair Producer

Anyone up on these Mits RPTV 'features'?

1. Color Tuned Shield.
    I'am not 'into' protective screens. Anyone know if it's easily removable or is it the greatest thing since sliced bread?
    2. HVSM.
    I'am not 'into' scan velocity modulation, either. Is it easily defeatable or is it the cat's meow?

Thanks.

2. Jim Can

Jim Can Stunt Coordinator

What model are you interested in? I have the 55411 and the anwser to your questions are
    1. yes
    2. yes
    I like the protective screen I think it looks good plus I have kids so nuff said.
    As far as hvsm I'm not sure about that, you'd have to look at one and try out the settings to your personal taste.

3. Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair Producer

Thanks too all!

4. Jim FC

Jim FC Stunt Coordinator

The VSM is defeatable through the user menu on most of the Mitsubishi models EXCEPT the ones Best Buy carries. The screen is easily removeable, but it is "color tuned," which according to Mitsu means that it is designed to keep ambient room light from entering the set through the screen. You can remove the protective shield, but depending on your room, removing it may decrease contrast.

5. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

I removed the shield (easy) and I wouldn't go back. If you have photos or posters encased in glass behind you, the reflection off those from your television will show up on that protective screen and it is quite distracting.

Bruce