Mits DLP & Motorola Cable box

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Mike*Mc, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Mike*Mc

Mike*Mc Auditioning

I have a Mitsubishi Diamond DLP with internal hard drive and cannot get it to record. I have connected the cable box (Motorola Hi-Def) using the component out, and the component video input of the TV. It doesn't seem to recognize this. Has anyone had this problem and can it be solved? Are they doing this to make you rent their PVR? Mike

2. GeraldK

GeraldK Agent

Mike, I'm not familiar with your set, but on our Mits RPTV, we have to go into the menu system and assign/activate the inputs. As an example, we use a cable HD box that I've connected via the component outs on the box to the Mits DTV Y/Pb/Pr inputs on the TV. I then had to go into the TV/Setup menu to program which inputs I used (RGB or Y/Pb/Pr). Once done, all's well.

Another thought is to make sure that you have the output resolution on the box set to something other than 720 (at least OUR Mits doesn't accept 720, but perhaps yours does).

That's all I can think of right now, unless (God forbid) you've got some sort of hardware problem with either the box or the TV or both.

Good luck.

3. Mike*Mc

Mike*Mc Auditioning

I've tried that. The dealer talked to the rep. from Mits and he said that I could only record HD over the air, not through the cable box. I find this hard to believe, that you can't do full resolution through the box. I can through my Tivo at low resolution, but I'd like to be able to record Hi-Def.

4. Benson R

Benson R Supporting Actor

I'm not familiar with the device you are using so I dont know if it records high def. However, I believe most if not all high def recording devices use a firewire input. Your cable box does have a firewire output.

If that connection does not work, you should call the cable company and make sure it is activated. If they have not activated you should kindly remind them that the fcc mandates that they provide that output for recording purposes.