What's new

Mits 65908 narrow (4:3) non-HD and DVD image shifted to the right! (1 Viewer)

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
So tonight I put in the first disc of my new Escaflowne box set and started flipping through the modes to get to "narrow". Once I reached that mode, I immediately noticed that the 4:3 matted image was shifted off-center to the right. It's never been perfectly centered, but it was close enough to call good. Now it's off by a few inches. I have no idea what could have caused this. WTH do I do now?

David Judah

Screenwriter
It's normal. Mitsubishi intentionally designed it to shift slightly from time to time to help prevent burn-in.

DJ

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Uh, wow, I guess I didn't see that part in the manual. I'm not sure what other material to tell you about. If I watch SDTV or DVD in narrow mode, it's shifted. If I watch SDTV in the DTV mode, it's still pretty well centered.

So what's the time period for this shifting?

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Hmm, so I bought the tv in 9/01 ... it first shifted right in 7/02 ... and now it's 1/03 (still shifted right). So will it remain shifted right until 5/03? ... and then will it shift left of center?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks