1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Mits 65908 narrow (4:3) non-HD and DVD image shifted to the right!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daren Welsh, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

So tonight I put in the first disc of my new Escaflowne box set and started flipping through the modes to get to "narrow". Once I reached that mode, I immediately noticed that the 4:3 matted image was shifted off-center to the right. It's never been perfectly centered, but it was close enough to call good. Now it's off by a few inches. I have no idea what could have caused this. WTH do I do now?

2. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

It's normal. Mitsubishi intentionally designed it to shift slightly from time to time to help prevent burn-in.

DJ

3. John Royster

John Royster Screenwriter

Yeah, what David said.

BUT, what does other material look like in narrow mode?

4. Daren Welsh

Uh, wow, I guess I didn't see that part in the manual. I'm not sure what other material to tell you about. If I watch SDTV or DVD in narrow mode, it's shifted. If I watch SDTV in the DTV mode, it's still pretty well centered.

So what's the time period for this shifting?

5. Daren Welsh

Hmm, so I bought the tv in 9/01 ... it first shifted right in 7/02 ... and now it's 1/03 (still shifted right). So will it remain shifted right until 5/03? ... and then will it shift left of center?