What's new

Mits 65908 in B&W on powerup (1 Viewer)

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
I've had my Mits for about 4 months now and it's worked without a hitch so far. Just a few days ago, I've noticed something. When I have the set on Ant B, which displays the non-HD output of my digital cable, and then I turn it off ... then back on, it comes on in black and white. If I power down in any other input it works fine (powers up in color). The other inputs that I have tested are Ant A (plain cable coming in from the wall bypassing the cable box), DTV (HD cable), DVD, and Aux 480p 1 (Xbox).

I've got an extended warranty, so I'll contact the dealer soon. I just wanted to get your impressions first. What do you think could be causing this? Suggestions?

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Well ... before actually having someone out to see the set, I fiddled around with the wires in the back. I decided to switch the cables on Inputs A and B to see if the problem continued on input A. It didn't. What's even stranger is that when I put the wires back in their original configuration, all was "back to normal" with good signal on all inputs.

So now I'm wondering if it was just a connection problem. Can a faulty connection cause only the B&W portion of the signal to get through?

On a side note, as I got the TV back to normal, I noticed that my cable modem lost its link. So this further complicates my confusion. Does this mean the cable signal isn't strong enough?

I think I'm going to have a cable guy come out now ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks