What's new

Mits 65" Overall opinion (1 Viewer)

BrandonR

Stunt Coordinator
This is my first posting in this forum although I have enjoyed reading other postings for several weeks now. I am in the process of building my HT. I was looking at the mitsubshi 65311 gold series any thoughts out there on this TV. My local mits dealer quoted my a price of $2700.00. I need to shop around a bit. Also are the Mit's he carries the same as what I could buy from Best Buy or Ultimate Electronics? Any help would be appreciated.

Jim Williams

Second Unit
I just got my WT-42311 which is the baby brother of the 65311 and all I can say is that it is awesome. Extremely bright and detailed picture with more options than I know what to do with yet. I am very pleased with the PQ. I thought long and hard on what to buy and I kept coming back to this one. I made the right choice. I am watching The Matrix on it right now and it is like I have never seen it before.

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator
Brandon, the Best buy Mits, are different than the one your dealer, will get, but the ones at Best Buy are stripped down models, with less features that the average J6P, does not know what to do wtih. Do not buy the Mits. Please know that this is only true with the mits. at BB

Jim Williams

Second Unit
Joe is right, the Best Buy Mits TVs are stripped down with fewer features. I asked the BB salesman what the difference was between the BB TV and the WT-xxx311s was and he said "I dunno". He was clueless. Definitely do not buy from BB even if it costs more, you will get a better, full featured TV.

BrandonR

Stunt Coordinator
The reason i ask about BB is my brother's best friend is a manager of the big screen department at a local BB. In talking with him the retail price is the same as my local dealer but he can save me between $200-$500. My question whats more important saving the money or having these features. Do we know how they are different or what is not included in the BB set? I am calling Mit's to try and find out right know.

BrandonR

Stunt Coordinator
Oops, my brothers friend works at Ultimate Electronics not Best Buy. Does what we discussed before hold true for Ultimate Electronics as well?

Jim Williams

Second Unit
The BB models have names like WS-A55 or WS-A42, the full featured Mits is named somthing like WT-xxx311 or WT-xxx411.

Matt Malto

Stunt Coordinator
The only features disabled on the Best Buy sets are the ability to disable SVM in the user menu as well as some color adjustments that were taken out of the user menu. These can all be set in the service menu so it's not a HUGE deal. Some have said the BB model uses a different protective screen but their web site clearly says it has a Diamond Shield so I'm not even sure if that is true.

BTW- I am refering to the 55" model that BB carries. I am assuming the 65" is similar.

DerrickW

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think there are any differences in the Ultimate models, can anyone else back this up?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks