What's new

Mits 55807 and direct inputs (1 Viewer)

Anthony Stephan

Stunt Coordinator
I currently helping a friend set up his HT.
He bought a Mits 55807.
Does anyone know if there is a way to access the inputs directly?
So far I can only scroll through the many inputs and I haven't seen anything in the manual or on the remote to tell me that I can go directly to an input.
Thanks for the help.

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
The Mitsubishi remote does not let you go directly to specific inputs. However, if you use a programmable remote like the Cinema 7 or one of the fancier programmable remotes, you can get codes from various sites to be able to go to specific inputs. I have my Cinema 7 set up this way.
Try www.remotecentral.com or Rob Crowe's excellent page at www.hifi-remote.com
SMK

Anthony Stephan

Stunt Coordinator
That stinks.
But your suggestion is a good one.
Actually, I've been trying to talk him into buying a Pronto. I could surely download the code from there into the Pronto.
I never did like Mits TVs.
Thanks again.

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
You may think "that stinks" but it's better than the Toshiba TVs of the same year where there were no codes to do this. My previous two sony TVs didn't have any way to go directly to a specific input via the Sony remote, but also had "advanced codes" to use on another remote to do so. I think the current Sonys are like that. Mitsubishis are far from the only TVs with this situation.
SMK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks