Mits 55411 or Hitachi new 500?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Robert Lucero, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Robert Lucero

Robert Lucero Auditioning

Debating on this two. I understand the 500 is replacing the SWX. 1st it was with the SWX and the 411. anything new on the 500 than the SWX? What's the the pros and cons of each? Which 1 should i go with and why? I can get the 411 for $1725 out the door.

2. Jason F.

Jason F. Stunt Coordinator

I don't know much about the Mit's but I have done my homework on the Hitachi's. The S500 is a wonderful set when you fix the red push that they have. The Hitachi's don't have very good stretch modes. I am either getting the S500 or the Tosh 57H83, I think I will get the Tosh b/c I watch alot of T.V. and it has great stetch modes. The 57S500 is 2799 at circuit city and sears and you can get Tosh for 2000 or less.

3. Cy Jervis

Cy Jervis Agent

My father just received the Hitachi 51s500 yesterday. I've been at his house today setting it up and running thru the Avia DVD and it looks great so far. He has Adelphia digital cable with a lousy signal and I think the TV does a great job considering the source. DVD looks AWESOME in progressive or regular hookup (he got a new DVD player also so I tried the old one and new one on the TV). The tv did have about a 15% red push but that was easily fixed in the menu where you can turn down colors individually. If you have any other questions I can try to answer them. After seeing what the 51" can do I will be getting the 57" in a few moths when my house is finished being built.

4. joey mr

joey mr Stunt Coordinator

cy how are the stretch modes on the s500 compaired to the old models can you say the new stretch modes compair to the tosh sets or the panny sets .cheers