Mit 48311 or Tosh 50HDX82 or H82

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by scott cerv, Jul 21, 2002.

1. scott cerv

scott cerv Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking into these sets and hoping someone could give me some pros and cons about these sets. I know about the upconversion of the Tosh, but is the PQ of the Mit something to look into?? I heard Best Buy will be carrying the Mit soon. Is there any concerns I should have if buying a Mit?? I'll be using DSS.
    SC

2. James Stierman

James Stierman Stunt Coordinator

I would probly lean towards the Mitz at this point. At my work we just got in the new ws-55411 and the picture is great. The gold series is nearly identical to last years platinum series. They have added a few new technoligies to give a sharper picture, but have elminated one S-video input(that most people never will use anyway). Also the new mitz offer 2 new streching formats that can strected a program broadcast widescreen with black bars on the sides to fill the screen. Also a formatting option to elminte the bars on the top and bottom of the screen when viewing movies shot in a 2.35:1 ratio. The new toshiba i haven't herd much about. I believe we will be getting it in our store next month. The 50HX81 is also a very nice tv. The biggest problem i've herd is a cosmetic one. The front panel easily breaks off, so if you have kids that will be around the tv i would advice against the toshiba.