What's new

Mistubishi 65" TV 16:9 (1 Viewer)

DavidV

Grip
has anyone experienced convergence problems with their projection TV's. My tv started to act funny. The top and bottom of the screen convergence is off, you can see the 3 colors not being aligned. the colors are off by 1 inch from each other. The middle of the screen is fine.This only does this on start up. If I wait an hour or so the tv fixes itself. You can actually see the picture switch from being aligned to not being aligned. Any help would be appreciated. Calling the service line tonight.

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
David,
What you are experiencing is definetly abnormal. My 57" Sony HD-RPTV (model KP-57WS510)has been wonderfully flawless (knock wood). Once every month, just as a precaution, I run the "Auto Convergence" just to keep everything in check. I have friends that have big Mitsubishi's and they too have had no problems at all. Good luck with getting your TV serviced, and keep us informed of your outcome.

Al. Wise

DavidV

Grip
I forgot to mention that the Tv is 3 years old. It has been doing this for 3 months. Uts getting to the point where every time I turn it on I have to wait an hour so the screen will align itself. In the begining it was once every 20 start ups.

DavidV

Grip
I called the service center and talked to a technician. They had knowledge of this problem, it seem to be a common problem, He said that the amplifiers have bad solder joints. There a 2 of them in the midde of the circuit board. They are connected to the very large aluminum heat sink. When they heat up and cool down the joint cracks. He said all I had to do was resolder the joints. Since I am an electronic technician I thought I would give it a try. It was fairly easy to remove the circuit board and soldering the board was a breeze. This worked great the TV is fixed. Turned it on a couple of times during the night and it is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks