What's new

Mistsubishi WT-46809 for $980. Good deal? (1 Viewer)

Rod Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rod
I've been a member here for quite a while, getting into HT with my first DVD player back in 1999 (what great DVD disc deals back then, eh?) and have been slowly upgrading my system bit by bit. I have a great h/k AV receiver and Energy speakers. But I've never had the funds to upgrade my Toshiba 27".

Now I have a chance to get a Mistusbishi WT-46809 refurbished unit for $980. I'm really interested and have waited a long time to get the full benefit out of my DVD player, but have some things to consider.

1. Our TV room is small. Even if I could, I don't think I'd consider anything larger than this. We may move in a couple years and get a true HT room, but that's a couple years at least.

2. I'll eventually plan on going CRT FP, but again, that's a couple years off.

3. Is this really a good deal? It has a 1yr warranty.

4. It's been in the showroom playing DVD's eight hours a day for at least a couple months. Perhaps longer.

So what do you think? Snap it up or pass? If it's a conditional yes, what should I ask about, look for?

Thanks!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I say pass assuming it's been on demo for 2 months AFTER the refurb.

If it hasn't been used since refurb, what exactly was refurbed?? Unless they replaced ALL THREE CRT guns for the refurb AND did not use it for regular showroom floor demo afterward, I would not want to pay ~$1K for it.

Given how certain wholesale club stores like Sam's and BJ's frequently run super deals on RPTVs, I don't see the point of paying that much on any RPTV that's not pretty much brand new at least w/ respect to the CRT guns.

I just checked for you, and there is a Sam's Club in your neck of the woods. I suggest waiting for a deal for an RPTV that you can afford from them instead since you've waited this long anyway. People seem to post every month or two about such deals over here and elsewhere. For example, someone posted that Sam's had the older Panny 47wx49 for just $850(!) a month ago, and then just the other day a Tosh 50H82 for $1700. Granted, the latter isn't quite that great a deal, still, there are other cases like w/ BJ's now selling the Panny 47wx42 for $1200.

Just be patient and save up some more so you can get a new TV at a truly good price, and keep an eye out for the various

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks