Mists of Avalon and the TNT bug: AARRRGH

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill McCamy, Jul 15, 2001.

1. Bill McCamy

Bill McCamy Second Unit

Pretty much says it all. Maybe we need a consolidated thread to bitch about the bugs. I really have been looking forward to this adaptation of the Zimmer novel. Now TNT is showing maximum disrespect for the audience that it delivers to its advertiser clients, and to the programs that it airs.
    How can anyone who cares about the video product deface it with such a distracting logo? I can almost abide the transparent bugs: I can almost not notice them at times. But these red, yellow and multi-color bugs are driving me away from these broadcasters.

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Bill, any chance you could get us a screenshot of this bug? I don't get that channel here and I'm really interested in seeing how horrible the bug is.

3. Bill McCamy

Bill McCamy Second Unit

The logo WAS just like the yellow and red one at the website:http://www.tnt.tv/
    However, this morning the logo is transparent. Do they read this forum?
    Actually, not transparent, but white. An improvement, but still irritating.
    [Edited last by Bill McCamy on July 15, 2001 at 08:41 PM]

4. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

What bothered me was the glowing, firey icon for "Witchblade" that glowed into the screen after the commercial breaks.
    This is sad because I like TNT. They do things for the movie-lovers like no other station. Following up MOA with showings of "Excalibur" was really a nice touch. I have also seen them play the colorized & then the black and white version of the same film back-to-back.