What's new

Mister Peepers: Same disc twice, different label (1 Viewer)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I recently purchased Mister Peepers from Deep Discount DVD since they got it recently at a better price but it had been on order for a while. It just came and after watching a bit of the first disc I decided to skip to the bonus feature of Wally Cox on Laugh In but I didn't know which disc it was on and found it was not on any, Disc 2 and 4 are the same, they have the same bonus features and episode list but different labels on top. If you have not made it all the way through yet, check and make sure if all is right.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Mislabled discs have been a common problem since the dawn of DVD. (Not just within sets, sometimes a single disc will contain one movie while the label says something else.) Happens with soup and cat food, too. :) The world is an imperfect place. You should always "spot check" all the discs in a set as soon as possible after getting it home, and return a bad set to the retailer for an exchange immediately.

Regards,

Joe

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Now you tell me! I have a couple of hundred sets I haven't touched yet. This will keep me busy for a while. Yikes.

Brian:C

Stunt Coordinator
Tory, It is indeed a problem. Just checked my discs I got last week from DDD and yes, disc 2 is labeled correctly but has disc 4 contents. Everybody should check their sets.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention,
Brian

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Sounds like DDD received a bad batch. I purchased "Mister Peepers" at Overstock.com last Fall and had no problems with it. By the way, the "Laugh In" sketch is pretty funny . . . not related to "Mister Peepers," but features Wally Cox with other members of the "Laugh In" cast. Dick Martin is particularly good in the sketch.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
They sent me a replacement disc with no trouble and cost on my part, fast too. A+ DVD company. I hope to see S'more titles and look forward to S'more Mister Peepers and hope they will announce S'more DVD releases of obscure series.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Anyone looking for Wally Cox’s follow-up series to “Mister Peepers,” “The Adventures of Hiram Holliday,” can find two 4-episode volumes at the links provided below. These are, apparently, public domain episodes, so they’re not restored and have been released by the ultra-low budget Canadian label, Cascadia Entertainment.

Volume 1:

http://www.spinningdiscdirect.com/ca...oducts_id/1448

Volume 2:

http://www.spinningdiscdirect.com/ca...oducts_id/2623

This series only lasted a single season (1956-57) and was a filmed production.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks