Mission speakers?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by James~P, Aug 10, 2003.

1. James~P

James~P Stunt Coordinator

does anybody know anything about them? are they well regarded?

I have a pair of Mission 781s from a while ago that i got free, does anybody know if there are other mission speakers that are Timbre matched to these, or would i have to find anoter set of 781s from this era? I figured that'd be WAY cheaper than going for all new klipsch RB-35s.

i do like the sound of the Missions... so if somebody knows of a speaker timbre matched to these 781s, or knows where i could buy another set of 781s or whatever, i'd appreciate it.

thanks.

2. Mark Dickerson

Mark Dickerson Stunt Coordinator

Missions are a very, very good speaker manufacturer from
    England and they are very highly regarded. I really like them (I have a pair of Mission 71s for my stereo in my study). It has been a little hard to find them for the past year as Denon USA and Mission came to a serious disagreement a year ago and mutually decided to terminate Denon's status as the US distributor. It has taken time to get a new distributor up and running.

Nonetheless, Mission has a very broad line of speakers, and the 78 Series (780, 781, etc.) is their top of the line. It is a current speaker. You can easily get timbre matching speakers through a Mission dealer. They have a dedicated Center Channel speaker and for the rears you can go with either the 780 or the Series 70s.

The Mission website shows all of their products:

http://www.mission.co.uk/index1.htm

so check them out.

Call Kief's Audio-Video at (785) 865-4337, extension 109 for Mission speakers products and advice.

3. James~P

James~P Stunt Coordinator

thanks! i sent an email to help ID my speakers, because they're differnt than the current production run of the 781s.

any idea what the price range i on them? i have no idea what GDP converts to in USD.

these speakers image so beautifully, when i closed my eyes they truly DISSAPEARED

really an amazing thing..