What's new

mission m72 surroud speaker package (1 Viewer)

Mikey.S

Grip
ok im building my first home theater system on a budget and ive been looking at the mission m72 surround package speakers. can anyone advise me if this is a good choice when linked to a pioneer avr811, or denon1603 reciever??
and help aprreciated ;)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
What Hi Fi's Awards 2002 gives them the Best Buy for surround speaker packages below 500 pounds. here's the review:-

This was one of our Best Buys last year, and it picks up a going again this year, being the best-value surround speaker package under 500 pounds.

The m72 front speakers are standmounters, not floorstanding designs, alhtough with a 12.5 litre internal cabinet volume, they are far from shrinking violets on the bass front. Like other spekars in the m7 line-up they use an inverted-driver arrangement, wiht a 25mm soft-dome tweeter mounted below the main mid/bass driver.

They're big, bold exciting-sounding spkears that excel with rock, pop and dance: for the majority of the listeners the balance will be spot-on.

The matching centre speaker is tuned to deliver effective levels of drive and impressive impact, thanks to twin 11cm mid/bass drivers and a tonally matched 25mm tweeter. Completing the package are Mission's bipolar m7DS rear speakers. These are pleasingly slimline and can easily be hung on the wall, making them perfect for home cinema installations.

Mission recommends using the m72s in a straight-ahead configuration, with little or no toe-in, but we tend to prefer a slight inward angle to help produce a stronger focus between the centre speaker and the main stereo pair. An extended run-in period is also essnetila.

That done, the results are simply staggering. The balance is astonishingly gutsy, the Missions simply cruising through the low-end demands of pwerful action-film soundtracks, They are equally adept with musical scores.

So let's recap. This is an enthusiastic pair of stereo speakers, easy on the eye and fun for the ears, coupled to three well-matched home cinema spekers. Theres's only one way to sum them up: sensational.
doesn't really make any suggestions as to amplification, but I'd imagine the Denon should work well, though personally I'd probably try to move up to the 1803 (no particular reason, just am doubtful of the entry level 1603). don't know anything about the Pioneer.

you could also consider the Marantz 4200 or 5200, or wait for the newer 4300/5300.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks