1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Mission M71 vs Wharfedale 8.1 Opinions wanted please!

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Grayson-M, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Grayson-M

Grayson-M Auditioning

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me. I currently own the Mission M71, but I am looking at perhaps buying the Wharfedale Diamond 8.1's. They are very similar in price and features. I was hopeing some of you could help me.....am I wasting my time? Do the Wharfedale sound better? About the same? Worse? Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

P.S
    I have my choice of the following amps......all three will be at my place by Monday.....AVR125, Sherwood 7103, Onkyo HT-R510. From what I have read the Harmon should be the most musical?

2. Cagri

Cagri Second Unit

I am not familiar wit the sound of the diamond 8.1, but I know that they are highly praised by what hifi? magazine. So are the Mission m71s. I have just bought a pair of the m71i (which supposedly has an improved crossover)last weekend for an incredible price of 49.95 pounds (they used to retail at 140 ) and I am amazed with their sound. They have a punch which you wouldn't expect to hear from such a small box.

Best thing is, go and listen to the diamonds if you can and then decide for yourself.