Mission M71 vs Wharfedale 8.1 Opinions wanted please!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Grayson-M, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Grayson-M

Grayson-M Auditioning

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me. I currently own the Mission M71, but I am looking at perhaps buying the Wharfedale Diamond 8.1's. They are very similar in price and features. I was hopeing some of you could help me.....am I wasting my time? Do the Wharfedale sound better? About the same? Worse? Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

P.S
    I have my choice of the following amps......all three will be at my place by Monday.....AVR125, Sherwood 7103, Onkyo HT-R510. From what I have read the Harmon should be the most musical?

2. Cagri

Cagri Second Unit

I am not familiar wit the sound of the diamond 8.1, but I know that they are highly praised by what hifi? magazine. So are the Mission m71s. I have just bought a pair of the m71i (which supposedly has an improved crossover)last weekend for an incredible price of 49.95 pounds (they used to retail at 140 ) and I am amazed with their sound. They have a punch which you wouldn't expect to hear from such a small box.

Best thing is, go and listen to the diamonds if you can and then decide for yourself.