What's new

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
The Untouchables and The Streets of San Francisco are my top picks.

Thanks for the suggestions. For The Untouchables there are two boxsets available, Complete (S1-4) and S1-3. S1-3 is one third the cost of Complete. Does anyone know if S1-3 boxset includes CC or subtitles?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Thanks for the suggestions. For The Untouchables there are two boxsets available, Complete (S1-4) and S1-3. S1-3 is one third the cost of Complete. Does anyone know if S1-3 boxset includes CC or subtitles?

The 1-3 standalone does indeed have subs; the difference there is that 1-3 has them in English, Spanish and Portuguese, whereas the fourth and final go has only English (just checked, and CC is on it as well).

EBay listing on that 1-3:

Last edited:

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Thanks for the heads up. I'vnt been to a Big Lots in years and I have one nearby, I'll visit tomorrow. Today I visited three local Dollar Trees, it's the first time any of them has had $1 DVDs & Blu-rays, mostly dross but some gems, so I'm happy!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Nice to be reminded of that. I always forget to go by there to check out their selection.
Untouchables Original Recipe 1-3 was $20 at my store. If you sign up for their rewards program you can get a one use coupon for 20% off. most the other multi season packs are $15.00 ...
YDYD-OCT-2020-Starts-now.gif

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Untouchables Original Recipe 1-3 was $20 at my store. If you sign up for their rewards program you can get a one use coupon for 20% off. most the other multi season packs are $15.00 ...
YDYD-OCT-2020-Starts-now.gif
I see that Hamilton Books has the Original Untouchables1-3 for $9.95 plus $4.00 shipping and local taxes.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I see that Hamilton Books has the Original Untouchables1-3 for $9.95 plus $4.00 shipping and local taxes.

Thanks. I bought blu-rays from Hamilton Book in the spring. They have The Streets Of San Francisco S1-3 DVD for $20, too. If I order from them it will save me going to Big Lots, unless, is there a thread here devoted to Big Lots bargains?

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Thanks. I bought blu-rays from Hamilton Book in the spring. They have The Streets Of San Francisco S1-3 DVD for $20, too. If I order from them it will save me going to Big Lots, unless, is there a thread here devoted to Big Lots bargains?

I checked my local Big Lots, it's a big store with tons of movies but no TV boxsets, oh well, my Perry Mason and Five-0 sets arrived today so I'm happy!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Because the stock at Big Lots! varies it's hard to say what your store will get or that it will not match some of the items at Dollar Tree (when they are available) where "everything is a Dollar or less" ... 99 Cents Only used to have a lot more DVDs/blu-rays for $.99 each but now has higher priced items and the prices are usually $2-3 and are often the same as the other two retailers.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I watched the first two episodes tonight, and was very pleased with the picture and sound quality. It’s a massive set and put together nicely, although I do wish they’d put it in a sturdier box.

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
I just got my set. It looks really good through the first disc. As flimsy as the BD packaging is, I've seen worse (Lost in Space, anyone?). And at the very nice price of $78 for all seven seasons, I can live with it. The design is fetching. Lots of color. At first blush, in terms of both quality and quantity, I would say this is the best value for my Blu-ray dollar I have ever gotten.

Last edited:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I decided to not use the flimsy (to be kind) packaging.

I've put each season into a 22mm 7-disc cases (the last three seasons have an empty hub).

Here is an example of the S1 packaging

MI-S1HTF.jpg

I've done all seven seasons, plus a 9-disc 'blu' case for the 88-89 DVDs. When I get a chance, I will post all of them in the Custom Covers thread

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
Yeah, the packaging is awkward at best. I think it's nice that they wanted to do the "mission" packet thing, but it would have worked better if they had a small booklet for that and put the discs in standard cases.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I decided to not use the flimsy (to be kind) packaging.

I've put each season into a 22mm 7-disc cases (the last three seasons have an empty hub).

Here is an example of the S1 packaging

View attachment 83086

I've done all seven seasons, plus a 9-disc 'blu' case for the 88-89 DVDs. When I get a chance, I will post all of them in the Custom Covers thread
Very clever of you! Thanks for sharing.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This may be a silly question on my part, but I only see them in the display view wrapped around a case. Is there supposed to be a way to extract it as a flat image file for printing?
These are merely samples of the covers.

The full cover at a printable resolution would take up too much space in a forum thread.

I have shared other covers that I've made in the past. These aren't quite ready yet (I need to do a little more clean-up)

If you browse the Custom Cover thread, you will see that most people just post art that represents the cover, not the actual cover. Some people share, others don't.

If you send me a PM, I probably would have something available before Christmas

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks