AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'll be the first to say it. I absolutely hate that generic-looking boxart! Almost looks designed to try and fool the casual buyer into thinking this has something to do with the more-recent Tom Cruise franchise.

Or, the look of a public-domain release of something.

I totally understand that the original cast probably have next to zero face-recognition with anyone under 50, but if they're not going to use Landau or Peter Graves, they might as well use an explosion and the series logo instead of this!

I wonder if there were any mistakes on the DVD releases that people should be watchful for to see if they get repeated (or fixed) here.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well, I'll be the first to say it. I absolutely hate that generic-looking boxart! Almost looks designed to try and fool the casual buyer into thinking this has something to do with the more-recent Tom Cruise franchise.

Or, the look of a public-domain release of something.

I totally understand that the original cast probably have next to zero face-recognition with anyone under 50, but if they're not going to use Landau or Peter Graves, they might as well use an explosion and the series logo instead of this!

I wonder if there were any mistakes on the DVD releases that people should be watchful for to see if they get repeated (or fixed) here.
Well, that does appear to be Greg Morris, who was in the most episodes (the entire run of the series)

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
It is now on DeepDiscount for $85 which is an absolute bargain, and on top of that you can apply the discount code "PLUNGE" for an extra 10% off.

It comes out to less than $95 after both tax and shipping. A cheaper price than this is hardly feasible for that many discs. I completely agree with people waiting for a price drop when warranted, but do you really think this show is worth less than $2 per Blu-ray disc?

Reactions: Osato and Flashgear

Jim Pattison

Agent
I haven't seen any mention of aspect ratio. Does anyone know if this set will be OAR (4:3), or will it be cropped to 16:9?

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
They stuck Greg's head on Tom Cruise's body. ;)
It took a big close-up on another site for me to notice that was Greg Morris. To paraphrase what you said, it seems obvious they stuck his head on someone else's body, though. Also, sure, Greg is in more episodes than anyone else, but he wasn't the series lead and it was more of an 'ensemble' thing anyway. It still kind of looks more like an attempt to mislead the casual buyer than it is to evoke the feel of the show. But, whatever, it's just a box. It'll be what's inside that will ultimately count.

Reactions: ScottRE

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Isn't there a two-part episode that runs only about 46 minutes for each part in both the VHS and DVD releases?

phil*

Second Unit
Real Name
Andro
Good morning Mr. Briggs..or is it Mr. Phelps today?
You're looking at a picture of Kim Jong un, the leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, otherwise known as North Korea.
Kim Jong un is the latest in a family dynasty that has ruled this nation with an iron fist, depriving the citizens of basic human rights such as food, shelter, and the right to protest peacefully; while all the while engorging himself with the trimmings that come with being a despot.
Recently, Jong un has promised the West that he will dismantle his country's nuclear program in return for concessions from the US guaranteeing his safety. In fact, this dictator has actually furthered his country's nuclear capabilities while pretending to bargain in good faith.
His unpredictable actions could jeopardize the balance of power in the region, indeed threatening the world's safety.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to discredit Kim Jong un in the eyes of his own people, so that he and any successor will never be able to govern in such a despicable manner.
As always, should you or any of your IM Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.
Please dispose of this recording in the usual manner.

Good luck, Dan..er, I mean, Jim.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well glad to see paramount hasn’t given up on physical media. Seeing these on streaming I thought there might be a chance of getting them on disk. I still have the disks and they look damn good for DVD so I’ll wait for a low price. I wonder if the original Hawaii Five O is next ?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashi123