What's new

Mission: Impossible III on HD DVD and Blu-ray on October 30th (1 Viewer)

Tim L

Second Unit
How much is everyone paying for this disc-can it be found cheaper than $30? I only ask because I am new to HD DVD (player on order) so I have recently been checkingout different sites for discs- but this one seems to be high-maybe because its a 2-disc set? thanks
Tim

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
My order came to $51 for the boxed set and I think I'll be burned out by the end of the weekend, if it comes at the same time my other orders have...

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

DVD Empire

Mission Impossible 1-3 HD-DVD
Audio:
ENGLISH: Dolby Digital 5.1
SPANISH: Dolby Digital 5.1
FRENCH: Dolby Digital 5.1

Mission Impossible 1-3 BLU-RAY
Audio:
ENGLISH: Dolby Digital 5.1 [CC]
ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Surround [CC]
FRENCH: Dolby Digital 5.1
FRENCH: Dolby Digital Surround

DVD Town

Mission Impossible 1-3 HD-DVD
Audio:
English: Dolby Digital Plus 5.1
French: Dolby Digital Plus 5.1

Mission Impossible 1-3 BLU-RAY
Audio:
English: Dolby Digital Plus 5.1
French: Dolby Digital Plus 5.1

I was going by the information from DVD Empire so I am not sure which one is correct to be honest. And according to Dolby's own web site Dolby Digital Plus & Dolby True HD has the following specs for both formats.

Dolby Digital Plus
HD-DVD
  • Consumer Player Support: Manditory
  • Max Channels: 7.1
  • Max Bit Rate: 3.0M
BLU-RAY
  • Consumer Player Support: Optional
  • Max Channels: 7.1
  • Max Bit Rate: 1.7M
Dolby True HD
HD-DVD
  • Consumer Player Support: Manditory
  • Max Channels: 8
  • Max Bit Rate: 18M
BLU-RAY
  • Consumer Player Support: Optional
  • Max Channels: 8
  • Max Bit Rate: 18M
I find it odd that HD-DVD with less storage space has a higher max bit rate for Dolby Digital Plus than Blu-ray does. :eek: So far I am not sold on Dolby Digital Plus as I have heard a number of tracks on HD-DVD. I am impressed with Dolby True HD however and would rather had these films available with the better Dolby True HD instead of DD+.

I might still buy the films if they actually have DD+ but I will put them off for a while as they have sliped in my must have list for now.

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
Walmart has the Mission Impossible collection for an unbelievable price of $59.95!!!! It is available in both HD DVD and that other format.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
My Ultimate Missions set was shipped today by Amazon! $50.38 shipped in 2 days! :)

Gotta love the pre-order thingy...Can't wait until Wednesday!

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
Tim, Amazon has the collection priced at $69.95 minus the 10%.... how did you get to $50?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I'd thought the ultimate missions collection would be packaged in some kind of cumbersome triple amaray case (or the ruby colored equivilent of such) so given my antipathy for the second film, and the thought that I might not be able to ebay it alone, I canceled my pre-order- even though I had gotten in on the sub $50 price.

Kinda wishing I had just left it in now. I should be getting 3 in tomorrow via netflix (haven't seen it yet), but I'm been wanting to see the first one again for a while now, and of course they aren't offering that one yet.

If I like 3 enough, I may look to pick up the set during the next DDD20% off sale, which should be showing up very soon.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

for a while Amazon had it priced at $55, so with the 10% deal it came up under $50. I'm assuming thats where he and others quoting good prices have gotten it.

From what I understand, using Google checkout, you can still pick it up for close to that ($53-55 I think) from Buy.com or DVDEmpire...but you goota act quick- offer expires at midnight tonight (monday).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
When this boxset first came up on preorder, Amazon ran a special price of around $55.00 for the HD DVD boxset. It only lasted a day or so, but many of us were able to preorder it at that price and then they took another 10% off that price which dropped it down to $50.38 The BRD boxset was never priced below $69.99.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Crawdaddy is correct. I pre-ordered on Sept. 2 I think. Way before the price was jacked up. I was kind of worried they wouldn't honor it since it's so much more now...but they did.

Despite Amazon's lack of some Paramount titles, they have been very, very good to me. :) Bad for my wallet, but excellent service and lightning fast shipping.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Item(s) Subtotal: $55.98
Shipping & Handling: $2.98
Super Saver Discount: $-2.98
Promotional Certificate: $-5.60
-----
Total Before Tax: $50.38
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $50.38

still hasnt been shipped

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Weird, Tony...hope you get yours soon! Maybe they just ship in regards to date of order? I don't know....you should get it soon. :)

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
Well, I missed the boat on that deal...but Walmart has the best retail price I saw today at $59.96. Best Buy was a whopping $72.95. Just to let you all know, Walmart is beginning to increase their selection of HD DVD and Blu-ray. However, I did read the shelf tags that were placed for tomorrow and there is no "V for Vendetta" or "Excalibur."

Mattias_ka

Supporting Actor

If you still have a working LD player, try out the MI LD with it's PCM dolby pro-logic track and if you have DPL-II on your amp, use it. Would be nice to hear what you think the difference is between that and the new HD-DVD track. The PCM track, I remember, is VERY good and dynamic. I would guess that seperation is not as good as a pure 5.1 mix but try it. :)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Hey Mattias,

Its funny because since my turntable is unusable now I was going to pull out the laser disc player and hook it back up. I now have room since I will put it on top of the rack where the turntable was. My reciever does not have DPL-2 but the next one will most likely have it. For now I am using a plain old Yamaha RX-V995 that needs to be upgraded badly. It just not all that great anymore, its nothing special.

I think I will try watching MI on LD today as long as the LD player does not take a dump on me. That needs to be taken in for a problem as well. I have to tap the front of the player for it to start spinning up. It makes a wierd noise and will kick the disc back out if I do not tap it and get it to spin. :frowning:

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
My Amazon MI-HD DVD Collectable Set (Order Placed: September 4, 2006 / Total for this Shipment: $50.38) ... was just delivered (02:29:00 PM PST) by UPS!!!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks