What's new

Mission: Impossible III on HD DVD and Blu-ray on October 30th (1 Viewer)

Rob_Walton

Second Unit
That's OK since the DD and DD+ are indistinguishable at 640kbps according to the Dolby engineer posting on AVS. What will be most interesting will be to see if Paramount use the same VC-1 encode on both formats.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Just wanted to add that there is some speculation that there will also be a box set of all three M:I films on the same date.

http://dvd.themanroom.com/dvd-newsview.php?id=248

Of course we know that Amazon has plenty of "place holders" at their site for films that aren't even in production (as far as we know). But the observation here is that this listing has a specific release date (same as the M:I 3 two disc release date).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

It would be nice if they actually put out all three at the same time, but I'm being cautious about getting my hopes up until I hear something more concrete than Amazon's listing and related speculation.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I was just on DVD Empire and I hope that they are not listing the correct information about the audio track. They only show ENGLISH: Dolby Digital 5.1 track for Mission Impossible 3. So I hope that it will at least have a DD+ track. Actually I hope that HD-DVD will at least have a Dolby True HD track on it.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder

The Digital Bits confirmed that the HD-DVD version of M:I 3 will have a DD+ track while the Blu-Ray version will have Dolby Digital 5.1.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I was wondering about the audio track because dvd empire showed Dolby Digital 5.1 for both Blu-ray and HD-DVD. Well that does it for me I will be most likely buying M:I 3 on HD-DVD. I will not be buying anymore Blu-ray titles until they start using VC-1 encoded media.

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator

agreed, and maybe the best action movie of the summer. I can't wait to start seeing the side by side by side comparisons of the transfer quality.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the 3 movie set is a preorder now at amazon.

69.95 = 30% of list price.
plus get the extra 10% with the promo deal.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Mission: Impossible - Ultimate Missions Collection
Includes:
Mission: Impossible
Mission: Impossible II
Mission: Impossible III
LIST: $54.99 $43.75

DVDEmpire.com

Thats not a bad price 30% off list. I currenly only have own M:I 2 on LD and SD-DVD. I will wait for these films to be on a HD format as there will be many titles that I will just buy in HD rather than SD-DVD.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
dave did you order it at that price because it was an incorrect listing.
now it says the same as what amazon had up earlier today.

$69.99
LIST: $99.99
SAVE: $30.00 (30%)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Oouch that was embarasing
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Thanks for the correction TonyD, you are very right on that. Dam that would have been an awsum price though
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Just Pre-Ordered Mission Impossible: Ultimate Missions Collection ... using my Amazon Prime 1-Click option ...
=================
Item(s) Subtotal: $69.95
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotional Certificate: $-7.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $62.95
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $62.95
==============

Amazon Prime: Two-Day Shipping is free

Should be glorious!

Phil

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Pretty cool Phil. I too recently signed up for the Amazon Prime membership and free 2 day shipping for 3 months is pretty dang sweet. It's also only $3.99 for overnight shipping. :emoji_thumbsup:

Are there any pics of the mission box yet?

Mark Basile

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder what is the reasoning is behind Blu-Ray getting a DD only audio track, and the HD-DVD getting a DD-Plus, as well as a DTS track?

Maybe six months or a year from now, it will be different, but for now, strictly software speaking, the HD-DVD versions of the same film are the higher quality release. I am hoping that Fox and Disney decide to release HD-DVDs as well for this reason alone.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I believe that Training Day has a Dolby Digital Plus track but for the most part I think your correct. Not sure why BR is not using the newer surround formats, this is getting really old fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks