What's new

Mission: Impossible III on a Monday?? (1 Viewer)

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
It was pretty good in my opinion and Philip Seymour Hoffman really added something to the movie IMO.

Enjoy,

Seth=L

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
It probaby is the best multiplex movie of the summer, and I wasn't a Tom Cruise fan going in (but I was a J.J. Abrams fan). Surprised it didn't do better at the box office.

Definitely worth picking up if you haven't seen it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It seems like no movie (other than Pirates Of The Caribbean) really had a huge draw this summer. I guess that's what happens when a new $150 million dollar movie comes out every week. :)

That being said, this movie is tons of fun. It was great to see J.J. Abrams get to make a giant episode of Alias.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
The price is unprecedented. Good things for DVD and HD!

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I think the news sites just screwed the prices up. For example, the Bits report an SRP of 19.99 for the single disc, but I've seen a news graphic on another forum which clearly states that 19.99 is the MAP, not the SRP.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
As per the thread title, yep that is kinda weird isn't it?

Why do you think this is being released on a Monday instead of a Tuesday? Because Tuesday is Halloween?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I like when they change it up a bit and don't stick to the "Tuesday only" release dates. I remember the first Spider-Man came out on either a Thursday or Friday and I think there was another title I bought on a day other than Tuesday. It doesn't happen too often, but I certainly welcome the change.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Spider-Man and Shrek came out on Friday in order to snag all the people shopping on the weekend. That makes sense but coming out on a Monday seems sorta useless since it misses the weekend but, like I said before, they get to have a marketing nickname by releasing it on Monday and the movie gets to stick out as the only game in town... for one day. :)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Yikes! I can see it now, "Hey our movie starts with an 'M' and so does Monday! Let's tie that together somehow!" Ha!

They should call it Mission: laMe add caMpaign Monday. :)

Maybe Superman Returns can be released on "Super Saturday"!

Seriously though, this is no big deal. A little silly maybe, but I'm not complaining about getting it a day early!

You go, you zany add people! More power to you!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
alliteration is always awsome, anyway

dont know if this is national but the Big Blue video rental place in my area will be releasing this on Sunday not monday.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hold on to your hats, ladies and germs....Baywatch: Season 1 AND Baywatch: Season 2 are ALSO scheduled for release on Monday, October 30!!!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You folks may want to know that there will be the following releases involving M: I III on Monday:

--M: I III (WS) (1-disc)
--M: I III (FS) (1-disc)
--M: I III (WS) (2-disc) SE
--M: I III (Blu-Ray) SE
--M: I III (HD-DVD) SE
--M: I Ultimate Missions Collection (3 movies) (5-disc)
--M: I Ultimate Missions Collection (3 movies) (Blu-Ray)
--M: I Ultimate Missions Collection (3 movies) (HD-DVD)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for that list of releases Mike, I was wondering if they'd do a big box set of all 3 M:I movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks