Mission: Impossible 8 (2025)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Mission: Impossible 8 (2024)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Thriller

Director: Christopher McQuarrie

Cast: Tom Cruise, Rebecca Ferguson, Shea Whigham, Henry Czerny, Ving Rhames, Vanessa Kirby, Pom Klementieff, Esai Morales, Hayley Atwell

Release: 2024-06-26

YANG

Screenwriter
my O my... hopefully it's not going to be another Cinematic-IMAX-Cinematic aspect ratio shift picture again...

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Is Cruise really still going to be the star? About time he moved to a senior management role and gave the orders while a younger lead goes out to do the stunts.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
These two Mission Impossible movies I feel like we have been hearing about for so long that they have already been released and I missed them.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
These two Mission Impossible movies I feel like we have been hearing about for so long that they have already been released and I missed them.
That’s how I’ve been feeling about movies (and shows) a lot lately. Lol! I saw a thread bump for that new Alien show, thinking “Oh! I haven’t seen that thread in a long time! Is that show premiering soon and that’s why the thread was bumped?!?!” But no, just some news that filming will start in 2023! Lol! 🤣

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
A scene descript has been eye spied

Tom Cruise and director Christopher McQuarrie are shooting flight scenes for “Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part Two” on a U.S. aircraft carrier in the Adriatic Sea, which Cruise reached by helicopter from the Italian port city of Bari, where he jetted into on Saturday.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Following completion of Part One, the production immediately set off for South Africa and the Arctic (yes, the actual Arctic) to get the follow-up underway. "Tom and I are always trying to get the big shit out of the way first," director Christopher McQuarrie explains to Empire, in our world-exclusive new issue. “South Africa was intense. The aerial sequence is…” He pauses. “It’s just outrageous. The thing to remember as you’re watching this monster [aka. Part One] is that another monster waits behind it.”

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
my O my... hopefully it's not going to be another Cinematic-IMAX-Cinematic aspect ratio shift picture again...
You’ve mentioned this in multiple threads. You seem sorta obsessed with this subject. Curious why?

YANG

Screenwriter
okay... i'll be frank and bl...unt.
they, the producers and the homevideo rights owners or whoever invloves in the whole process is totally confused, or no f--kin idea what does theatrical and home viewing experience makes them different.

in a theater, no matter one may seat, bitter or sweet, the screen is most of the time big. not to mention with the support of sound that makes the whole experience big. to those who spend more to get to IMAX Screen theater to see the show, they couldn't be bothered by the Switching Aspect Ratio. for the others who saves a little more for snacks or traveling fees, they're still seeing a large picture even if presented in Panoramic WideScreen of wide rectangular image.
however back in homes, the whole experience is totally beaten off if... one can't have biggest screen installation due to space constraint as well as, probably to some, the cost of big screen installation to experience the "EVE"-Expansive Viewing Experience of SAR-Switching Aspect Ratio of moving image... even though we can have the best sweet spot of our own without the need to fight with others in a theater.

movie making and producing until boxoffice sales and theatrical screening, had been a different process compare to homevideo release... where the latter is often constraint by limitation, in either home bound vacant area, or as i've mentioned, cost.

those who've subscribed to streaming media, might get to see the "best presentation" in SAR that the producers and copyright release studio might think is also the best. however, no matter who they're from, does it ever comes across their mind that the streaming subscriber/viewer have to squint their eyes when the image turns suddenly small, if their display is relatively... ...small to compare with others, and also the theaters?

YANG

Screenwriter
this is a thread of dilemma, when one is confused why he doesn't get a filled screen presentation...

not to sway the discussion off track, if moderator might think so...
the discussion is closely related to Theatrical Presentation and Home Presentation where Switching Aspect Ratio can screw the whole viewing experience!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks