What's new

'Mission: Impossible 3' On A Mission Again (1 Viewer)

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
I sometimes feel like I'm the only person who actually liked M:I2. Then again, I went into it looking for a fun action flick with lots of John Woo eye candy, and that's what I got.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
The Trailer is up at yahoo movies, I didn't like the version of the theme, but other than that it was good. J.J. Abrams looks to have been a great choice.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Looks pretty good. Wonder if the public will tire of Cruise and the media surrounding him and Kate by next summer.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
Saw the trailer. Casting is great. Don't recognize the actress but she's got an incredible smile.

Should be good with JJ at the helm. Trailer gets a thumbs up and a doo doo doo from me.

It's fun to call Tom crazy, but the fact is he is a star in his own right. He is fun to watch on screen.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Hopefully the movie will actually be about a team of agents this time instead of Tom Cruise against everyone.
Two good things about the movie, JJ and Keri may get me into the theatre since I hated the first two.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
The chances of it not being another Cruise vanity show are about as good as him abandoning scientology.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I've been wishing to see Philip Seymour Hoffman as a classic vilain forever. That is what will get me into the theaters, if the film is reasonably well received.

--
H

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
A lot of early good word on this is starting to get me excited. But the best news is that Michael Giacchino is doing the music for the film, J.J. Abrams go-to-guy for his tv series and mastermind of The Incredibles score. He should have done the new Bond score, but this is just as good!

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Lots of things have me excited about the film. The supporting cast, PSH as the villain, a wants-to-prove-himself director with some talent, and now the composer.

Good news,
Chuck

Stephen Lilley

Stunt Coordinator
Michael Giacchino is going to be someone to watch in the coming years. His television work has been *fantastic* - especially on LOST. I wish they'd put more than just his ALIAS stuff out on offical CD soundtracks.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

I was at JJ Abram's panel on MI3 at WonderCon this past weekend. His geekness & excitement about the film was really infectious, and the two long scenes they showed were much more together & impressive than I expected.

James T

Screenwriter

The early reports from those who saw the rough version say that this is the first MI movie to be about IMF and not about Ethan Hunt.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I have read that this is more about the character of Ethan Hunt and what makes him tick plus more of an empahasis on a "Team." so that gives me hope. That plus the cast.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I think J.J. is becoming more of a Guru/hero than maybe even Joss Whedon is. I know I love Whedon but I think J.J. is better. It showed on Alias when he was forced out/left in the 3rd season.
I think the only way Lost can get away without having J.J. around is the genius that is Damon Lindelof.

/J.J. Abrams fanboy mode off.

I was excited to hear that J.J. was doing this movie, I wasn't too excited about MI:3 until his name became attached. If I remember correctly he wasn't even going to be writing the movie but apparently he did. That makes me happier, Giacchino is basically John Williams version 2 and that makes me happy. Giacchino's Lost soundtrack comes out in March. :)
I'm interested to hear Kanye West's theme songs, I like Kanye's music so we'll see.

The Super Bowl trailer looked amazing, I can't wait to see this movie, I can't believe I'm actually this excited about a Mission: Impossible Sequel.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
JJ was forced out of Alias? Why is he talking series finale now if he isnt involved?
Kane West theme. Ughh. One strike.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

It can't be any worse than the multiple U2 themes, or the godforsaken Limp Bizkit one. Thankfully they're just used as soundtrack pieces.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I'm curious to see how this one does in theaters. When I saw the Super Bowl trailer, the crowd I was with cheered for Phillip Seymour Hoffman when he announced his intentions to kill Tom Cruise :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks