Missing X-Men 2 Scene, or am I nuts?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Krystian C, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Krystian C

Krystian C Stunt Coordinator

Noticed something strange while watching X-Men 2 last night. There was a scene that I and 2 others remeber, but doesn't seem to be on the DVD.

When Nightcrawler is met by Storm and Jean, he introduces himself as Kirt Vaguner (sp?) and on the DVD, that is where it ends. But in the theater I could swear he goes on and continues to tell them about his history in the circus, and his mutant name.

This then become a re-occuring joke as anyone else that he tries to tell, cuts him off.

I have not had a chance to view the DVD again today to verify this, except the scene I just mentioned. Maybe I am remembering the scene, but it resides elsewhere on the disc. I have yet to re-watch and verify my fear. Am I just nuts? Or does anyone else remember this?

2. larry mac

larry mac Stunt Coordinator

On the DVD (I didn't see it at the movies),

I could be mistaken, but I thought he went into the circus thing a little bit at first and then only remember the "getting cut-off thing" once later.

Also, he didn't say his mutant name until later when someone asked for it.

3. John Alderson

John Alderson Supporting Actor

It's the same as the film... he goes into more of his circus history later... on the plane, or maybe at the camp fire scene (can't remember).

4. Krystian C

OK, I just finished scanning the whole disc at 5x speed, and stopping it at every Nightcrawler scene. And it is nowhere on the disc. I will try and find a copy lying around the net of the theatrical release and see if I can find the scene in question.

5. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

the scene where he says hes nightcrawler is on there. i saw it

capt

6. Tom Ryan

Tom Ryan Screenwriter

I just checked my X2 disc, and the one scene that I definitely remembered was on there. After Pyro blows up the policemen at Iceman's house and they've all gotten into the jet, Wolverine looks at Nightcrawler and says "Who's this?" Nightcrawler says "My name is Kurt Wagner, but in the Munich circus I was known as the Incredible Nightcrawler!!" with some bravado, and Wolverine says "Yeah, save it." It's between chapters 22 and 23 on the DVD.

I'm sure there's at least one other part in the movie where Nightcrawler mentions the circus, and it was probably earlier since Wolverine's motion of cutting him off indicates Nightcrawler's mentioned that before (as a storytelling device, that is, since Wolverine only just met the guy and couldn't have heard about the circus previously).

7. ShaunG

ShaunG Stunt Coordinator

Krystian C,

I believe I recall what you are referring to however am unable to confirm anything since its been a while since viewing it in the theater and not seeing the DVD.

I though Night crawler did talk about the circus thing when Jean & Storm go to get him?

I could be mistake, just my recollection.

ShaunG

8. Andy Kim

Andy Kim Second Unit

Where Nightcrawler gets cut off is right outside of the 2nd Cerebro just before he and Storm do the joint bamf. I think its Cyclops who asks him who he is.

9. Krystian C

I know about the 2 cut offs, the one with Wolverine and the Cyclops one. But I was positive there was a scene previous to this where he actually gives the whole story and doesn't get cut off. About how he was mistreated in the circus or something, for being a mutuant. Damn it, where is a movie script when you need one. I have searched the web high and low, and nothing.

10. Tim Ke

Tim Ke Stunt Coordinator

I saw the movie three times in the theatre and I don't recall the scene you're talking about Krystian. The closest thing I can think of is when he is talking to Storm on the plane.

11. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

12. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

I believe he also mention the circus thing right when he meets Jean and Storm,but I believe Jean won't let him finnish it completelly.
    I also saw this in the theatre and the DVD they look the same to me.

13. Aaryn Chan

Aaryn Chan Supporting Actor

Actually, I share the same brain as the original poster, and i remember he talks about the circus with jean and storm in the church. it was a voice over tho. kinda. let me check back.

EDIT: Actually dude, it was just a poster of the circus, he didnt say anything until wolves..