Missing Sound

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Jake B, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Jake B

Jake B Auditioning

I purchased an Onkyo TX-SR701 a few weeks ago, hooked it up and everything was going swimmingly. I went to play a DVD today, and now I find I'm getting no sound from my DVD player. It's hooked up to the SR701 via digital optical cable, as is my DirecTiVo receiver. I tried swapping cables, a different DVD player, and a different optical port on the receiver, but nothing seems to work. When I go to the setup for the receiver, for some reason, option #4 for Level Calibration, is in parentheses and cannot be selected. It's the only input device where this is the case. I have not tried to use composite audio cables yet, but that's my next test. But what confuses me is the fact that the speaker calibrations cannot be tested.

Needless to say, I'm a bit annoyed as this receiver is only 3 weeks old.

This is my first post here, and I'm glad to be a part of a GREAT forum like this. I'm also a relative newbie to more sophisticated HT, and Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction.

2. Jake B

Jake B Auditioning

I will reply to my own post (only 5 minutes after I created it!!!) to say I FIXED IT!

Figures it was a configuration thing that was "accidently" set from the remote.

Thanks for listening!!

3. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    "I fixed it!!" Those are the three best words when you are knee deep in cables, wires and remotes! We have all been there. Gene