1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Missing song on Diana Krall SACD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marty M, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I just got the SACD version of Diana Krall's When I look In Your Eyes. The packaging lists an extra song, 13th cut, but it did not make to the SACD. Does anyone know anything about this?

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Marty, I have noticed copies of this CD in stores with either 12 or 13 tracks, based on the track listing on the back insert. For some reason, it seems that an extra track was added at some point. I assume the 13-track version is current since I see far more of them in stores.

Either Universal used the incorrect track listing for the SACD insert or inadvertently left a track off. I assume that the track that was left off the SACD is same one that is missing on some copies of the CD.

3. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    It is on mine (I got mine from Elusive Disc via mail). The 'Hourglass' SACD also has an extra track that is not listed if you go to the last track and press next.

4. Michael_T

Michael_T Second Unit

The extra track is ONLY available on the Stereo SACD layer. For whatever reason they left it off the MCH layer.

If you look closely in the liner notes it indicates that the 13th track is only accessible on the Stereo SACD layer.

I can only assume from your post Marty, that you were listening in MCH?

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I just looked at my CD (don't have the SACD yet), and track 13 is "Why Should I Care". Is this the song that only appears on the stereo SACD track? I believe this is the song that is missing from some copies of the CD.

6. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

I have the CD, and discovered one day that the CD has 13 tracks but only 12 are listed on the jacket. I had to go online to find the name of the 13th track so I could make a CD-Text copy.

KJP

Edit: I only have the redbook CD, not the SACD version.

7. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

My redbook copy of this CD only lists the 12 cuts that I also have on the SACD. I will try Michael's tip and see. I was switching back and forth from Stereo to Multi-channel, but not sure if that was the problem. I'll let you know tonight if I have the 13th cut when I play in stereo.