1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Missing Outlook Messages, But Have Folders

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Rob Landolfi, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Rob Landolfi

Rob Landolfi Stunt Coordinator

Following a recent XP reinstall, everything is back to where it should be, but I can't find some of my Outlook mail messages. I transferred my outlook.pst and archive.pst to another drive, then put them in the corresponding folder on my C: drive and had all my current items. Messages beyond several months are missing, though the folders that contain(ed) them are present.

I'm thinking it's some kind or archiving issue, but I haven't had any luck in importing from my old folders.

I do have my old XP install in a Ghost image, so I should be able to rescue the files if necessary. Any other thoughts?

Thanks for any insight.

2. Rob Landolfi

I think I had a bad setting in my Archive.pst prior to my reinstall that deleted items over 6 months old... must have been a default setting as I don't ever remember choosing that.

I think I've lost some old mail, but my .pst is pretty huge so I can't imagine that so much has disappeared.

3. Rob Landolfi

Problem solved... I remembered that I had tried moving my working .pst and archive off my C: drive to another partition and went looking there. Found the files and noted that the archive was about 5X larger than what it was in my backup file. When I copied the larger file back to my (working) folder in the C: drive, everything reappeared in the archive.

4. StevenFC

StevenFC Second Unit

Glad to help. [​IMG] [​IMG]