What's new

MISSING OSCAR NOMINEES ON DVD (1 Viewer)

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
I'm hoping someone out there might have an answer to this question. In the February TCM NOW PLAYING Magazine there are at least seven movies followed by the word SHOP, which indicates that they're available for purchase. These films are: ANTHONY ADVERSE, BERKELEY SQUARE, THE GUARDSMAN, THE MARK, ONE FOOT IN HEAVEN, ONE NIGHT OF LOVE and STATE FAIR (1933). Yet when I try to order them through the TCM SHOP, none are listed. I've tried calling TCM, and no one I've reached knows what's going on. Are these films that have a release date coming up? Any answers would be much appreciated!

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Many thanks for the responses. What I was looking for, though, was someone who might know why the titles I listed are supposedly available through the TCM Shop. No one connected with it, or at least those I've reached out to, have any idea why they're listed as such. Could they be planned as releases for later this year? I apologize if I wasn't specific in my original post ...

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Perhaps they're scheduled for February release by the Warner Archive? They have hinted at Anthony Adverse and One Foot In Heaven has been in the works for years. The Warner Archive's February release schedule is still unknown at this time.

State Fair is Fox, so it might end up a future Fox Archive release.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
bujaki said:
The Mark was released in R1 by VCI. Might be OOP. Widescreen, probably non-anamorphic.
This does appear to be out of print, but it is anamorphic and looks quite good. Used copies are currently starting at $25, on Amazon, which isn't terrible, considering what a powerhouse the film is. If you never thought Stuart Whitman could act -- try this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks