What's new

Missing Inserts - What To Do? (1 Viewer)

Len Simons

Agent
I find I've been buying a number of pre-viewed DVDs from BB lately. It's hard to resist prices ranging from $6.99 to $9.99. Since the discs are guaranteed against defects, the only real problem with this is that about 96% of the time the inserts are missing.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to get replacement inserts? I'd really prefer not to have to slink around BB, surreptitiously opening Amaray cases on the rental shelves looking for inserts to "adopt".

Len

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Len,
It's most likely that those dvds never had inserts which is one of the reasons the dvds are priced so low. MGM releases many of it's dvds without inserts.

Crawdaddy

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Grady
I too, have been through that w/ BB's used dvd's. Universal/Dreamworks is real stingy about sending replacement inserts & outside artwork. They sent one for "The Mexican" for free but when I wrote them again for one for "Spy Game", they refused.
I got no response from Columbia/Tri-Star about getting a replacement cover for "America's Sweethearts".
They all vary! Good Luck!

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
It's usually where the chapter stops are, unfortunately. Not that I *really* need them, it's just nice to have.

The sad thing is, however, that Blockbuster is now securing the used DVDs by selling them in the same cases they use for rental, just replacing their paper insert with the original disc cover insert. They actually just throw out the interior inserts. But I do have to wonder what they do with all the empty alpha cases...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks