What's new

Missing Half of "War And Remembrance"! (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
MPI Video only gave us half of "War And Remembrance"! I'm slightly miffed that I'll have to shell out close to $100 again for the "rest of the story"! Well at least it was released on DVD, & that's more than can be said about "Winds of War" & its supposed legal problems. :frowning: :angry:

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Whoa! That certainly wasn't made clear anywhere.

$100 for half a mini-series (which itself is only half of the whole story) is too pricy for me. I'll skip this one for the time being, and hope for a price reduction in the future.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I have held off on buying this to wait for a clarification on this. I saw the running time and suspected this was the case. MPI released this in 2 box sets on VHS as well so I thought this price was a little too good to be true. To be fair this is one long mini-series even without Winds of War which was 7 Parts. This First Part of Winds of War is 7 Parts and the Rest of it is 5 Parts. They should have made this clear on the packaging or better yet released both box sets at once. How is the picture and sound quality?

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I have not looked at it yet. Just got it out of the mail box a little while ago. When I purchased the VHS box set of this film many yrs ago, I was able to get the "whole" mini-series in one box.It has an "ABC Video" label on it, not MPI!
saw the running time and suspected this was the case. MPI released this in 2 box sets on VHS as well so I thought
I did not pay any attention to this when I pre-ordered, I guess I should have. In any case I would have purchased the set, but perhaps at a later point.

Brian E

Screenwriter
When I purchased the VHS box set of this film many yrs ago, I was able to get the "whole" mini-series in one box.It has an "ABC Video" label on it, not MPI!
That's the one I've got too. I actually got it, along with The Winds of War, through Columbia House when they had a box set sale way back when.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I just recently won the "Winds of War" VHS set on eBay. Up to this point all I had was an off-the-air taping on Beta. I've got half of the 7th part to go then I'll start "War And Remembrance". I sure wish that "Winds of War" was not in video limbo. It would be nice to know when MPI plans on releasing the second half of "War And Remembrance". The film is on 5 discs with a sixth disc having a couple of featurettes. The six discs are housed in two fat triple Black Alpha keepcases.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Have you checked the discs out at all? Did they do anything to the video? IIRC it doean't look so hot in spots.

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
The second set is slated (tentatively) for January.

Due to the extreme length of the miniseries, it is being presented on two DVD sets.

As the series was also broken up into two sections during airing- one in fall, the other in spring- this is an accurate representation of the original airing. The same thinking went into the box set of VHSes.

It is a bit pricey, though, there are a few different new interviews and featurettes, though.

Haven't seen the quality, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks