Missing disc. Exchange hassle?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Greg_S_H, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I opened up my Stargate: SG-1 Season 5 disc four keepcase tonight and found it was completely empty. Obviously, I'm going to want to exchange it, but I'm envisioning them not believing it came from Fry's missing a disc. I mean, I've been hassled there for wanting to exchange a malfunctioning disc when they could see on their own player that it was malfunctioning! Has anyone who has exchanged a set with a missing disc had a problem? I can see them denying me the exchange, and my only recourse being to tell them I'll never buy from them again--seems reasonable, if I can't expect a guarantee of a complete set--but I really doubt if the kid working the exchanges will care. Or, maybe I'm just worrying for nothing.

Alternately, would I have better luck appealing to MGM?

2. Bugsy_Siegel

Bugsy_Siegel Auditioning

They should exchange it. When I bought the SE of Texas Chainsaw massacure at Best Buy it was missing the disc and they exchanged it with no hassle. Maybe because alot of people didn't recieve the disc.

3. Greg_S_H

Greg
    Thanks, guys. I'm going to try my best at Fry's tomorrow. I thank you for the e-mail address, as that might come in handy in the future, even if the exchange works out.

4. Greg_S_H

Greg
    [​IMG]

Wasn't a hassle at all. In fact, it was one of the quickest exchanges I've ever done! All is well now. [​IMG]