1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Missed out on Bjork tickets .... ARGH!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Meyer, Aug 22, 2001.

1. Tom Meyer

Tom Meyer Second Unit

Idiot me forgot to pay attention to when tix went on sale for the Oct. 14 show at the Civic Opera House here in Chicago. They went on sale Saturday and promptly sold out. F**K.
    I suck.

2. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

3. Alex Johnson

Alex Johnson Stunt Coordinator

they sold out in basically 10 minutes.
    the only plus is i was able to get a pair, in the tenth row, centre stage for $495. and matmos is excellent..
    and the sad part is i didn't even hesitate.
    i have to say, i've had a copy of the album since may and it is incredible stuff.
    a
    ------------------
    visit neverville

4. Jason_H

Jason_H Second Unit

At least she is coming to your area! Living in Houston, I hardly EVER get to see the bands I like. I am heavily into UK bands, which, if they come to the USA at ALL, will usually only hit New York and Los Angeles...maybe Boston or San Francisco too.
    I, for one, am very excited about the fact that the new Bjork album is being released on DVD-Audio at the same time as CD. FINALLY a disc I want to buy so I can try out DVD-Audio...I'm not a fan of much stuff that is currently out on the format (though I also have John Coltrane's 'Blue Train' coming in as well).

5. Alex Johnson

Alex Johnson Stunt Coordinator

john coltrane is incredible, it ought to be an excellent disc.
    a
    ------------------
    visit neverville

6. Jason_H

Jason_H Second Unit

Yes, I am very excited about getting the Coltrane disc.
    Kind of off topic, but are any of you fans of the Super Furry Animals? They are a Welsh band, and their superb new album Rings Around the World was released simultaneously in the UK on DVD. Each song has a video that was specially commissioned by the band for the DVD, and the album has been remixed in DTS and DD 5.1 surround sound. It looks and sounds EXCELLENT. They also put extra songs not on the album (also with videos) along with 18 audio-only remixes, photos, beautifully animated menus, etc. Truly a case of a band using new technology to it's potential.
    Unfortunately, it's only been released as a Region 2 PAL disc, I really doubt it will get released in the US. However, if you have a Malata (I do!) or an Apex that can do PAL->NTSC conversion, I highly highly recommend this disc.
    [Edited last by Jason_H on August 23, 2001 at 02:35 PM]