Missed Friends 1/10 -- Need detailed run down

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stacy Huff, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Stacy Huff

Stacy Huff Second Unit

Even though I had a chance to catch the west coast feed I forgot, and ended up missing it entirely. Can somebody fill me in, in detail. I'm so mad at myself!

2. Sean Cauley

Sean Cauley Stunt Coordinator

Okay, spoilers ahead, but I think the thread title would indicate that anyway:

-Joey talked about an upcoming date, and Rachel got sad that she's going to have to miss out on dating for quite a while. Joey offered to take her for a night on the town, and was the perfect gentleman (even knocking on their apartment door like he was picking her up). At dinner, they discussed their "moves" to get the date to the next level, and they wound up having the time of their lives. When they got home, there was a brief moment of chemistry, then they both headed off to their own bedrooms.

The next day, Joey realized that he enjoyed the date with Rachel much more than he'd expected, and that maybe he has feelings for her. There was a misunderstanding about "feeling funny last night" predicated on Rachel being slightly ill from the food they ate, but it appeared that Rachel had had no romantic thoughts about Joey. He and Rachel planned to watch Cujo together, until he remembered he had a date. On the date, he wasn't that impressed with the girl, even when she pulled one of the same "moves" as Rachel, and he came home early. He got home to find Rachel watching Cujo; she was scared, and wanted him to hold her. She looked at the TV, then up at him, and said, "Aren't you scared?" Joey looked really nervous, and, voice trembling, replied, "Terrified." (This was the scene from the promos, but the context of Rachel's question was largely different than the NBC marketing department had implied.)

-Ross inherited a new grad-level seminar to teach, but it was in a building well off the main campus, and he was fifty minutes late for his first day (the class was scheduled only ten minutes after his last on-campus class of the day). He ran harder the next day, but was too exhausted to teach (he collapsed in class), and he finally rollerbladed to the seminar, still awkwardly teaching on skates. This was probably the worst plot he's had all season.

-Phoebe's wedding gift to Chandler and Monica finally arrived; it was a Ms. Pac-Man game. They were both excited, and planned to put it in the spare bedroom (apparently, the writers ditched continuity, because when Chandler moved in, Monica had been adamant that he wouldn't turn it into a game room). The machine was too heavy, so they left it in the dining area for the time being. Monica was good at it, and Chandler sucked; one day, while Monica was at work, Chandler played all day and managed to get all the spots on the top scores list; he made dirty words with the initials, which Monica found unacceptable, because Ross' son Ben was due the next night to come over and play. Monica and Phoebe tried to beat Chandler's scores off the list (unplugging didn't erase them, and Chandler's hand was too gnarled from all the playing the day before), but couldn't do it in time. When Phoebe lost just short of beating the high score, she let loose a torrent of cursewords (the scene was silent and slo-mo, and you could get "sonofa" and "motherf" out of her close-ups) just as Ross and Ben entered the apartment. Ross was angry with Phoebe for swearing in front of Ben, and Phoebe leaped across the game's screen, shouting, "No, Ben, don't look at the game!"

Then there was a preview for next week, hinting that Joey would reveal his blossoming feelings for Rachel to at least one of the friends, and that Ross and Rachel would find out their baby's sex.

Hope that helps.

Edited to say that, while I was writing this, I didn't realize I was helping out a fellow Kentuckian, but, hey, cool.

3. Stacy Huff

Stacy Huff Second Unit

Thanks, Sean, that's exactly what I was looking for.

By the way, how 'bout a trade? UK gives you guys Stone, you give us back Pitino, and we'll throw Tubby in for free? Well, that's just me talking, don't know what the rest of the blue fans might think. All I can say is GO CARDS! Final Four by 2004. (Unless the NBA comes beckoning again)