What's new

MISS SAIGON - 25th ANNIVERSARY SHOW (1 Viewer)

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
The 25th anniversary stage show of MISS SAIGON comes to bluray as a 2 disc edition, in the U.K. next week and in Australia (dvd only) shortly after. This new and lavish production was recently shown in cinemas in the U.K. and Australia. There seems to be no sign of it being released in the U.S.A. This production has been getting raves from those who have seen it. It is a must buy fans of this superb show.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
There was a Fathom event for this in the US last month. At the end they did say it was coming to blu-way. So there will be a US release.

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
It is the full staged production and at the end of the show, because it was the anniversary, they did reprises of some of the numbers with original cast members, like Jonathan Price. (The same sort of thing they did with Phantom and Les Mis).

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Started to watch the show last night. It is brilliant.Truly a masterpiece in every way. A second disc contains the extras.The filmed stage show looks more like you are a watching a film. There is no view of seeing the stage from the audience's point of view. It is edited much like a film. There is no mention of any zone coding on the case. I played my disc on the US zone on my multi zone player and it worked. This means that the disc is zone free and will play on any player regardless. In Australia you can't get the bluray version, only a dvd. I got my bluray from the U.K. With the excellent U.K. postal system, airmail to Australia has always been quick from 6 days to slightly over a week. That is for standard air mail postage..If that had been from the USA then it would have taken 3-4 weeks by standard air mail.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Is the UK BD region free? If so, I may have to import this, it's one of my favorite Broadway shows.

It is zone/ region free. I played mine using the U.S. zone on my multi zone player and it worked brilliantly. There is no mention on the case of it being is zone coded.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Why is this thread in the movies section? It would probaby get more views and responses in the proper section.

Just sayin....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks