Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
matt-hough

Miss Sadie Thompson 3D Blu-ray Review

misssadiethompontop-1024x576.jpg

After previous screen versions starring Gloria Swanson and Joan Crawford had indelibly burned the character’s name into the public consciousness, Curtis Bernhardt brought the lady back to life in Technicolor and 3D with the 1953 Miss Sadie Thompson.

[review]
Click here to read the original article.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
TCM showed the 1946 "race film" version of this story this weekend: "Dirty Gertie from Harlem U.S.A."

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I'm trying to read the review but Recent Articles and Recent Threads are covering part of them.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I had the same problem several hours ago so I gave up trying. I've just tried again, and the problem is still there. This needs fixing! Owners, moderators? Any volunteers?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Happens to me, too. There have been some recent issues with the site. Not sure what's going on behind the scenes. The below example is using Chrome.

upload_2016-8-2_13-42-21.png

Last edited:

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
Try hitting Ctrl+- (that is, the Control button and the minus sign simultaneously) on your keyboard. This will shrink the overall display of web pages on your monitor and may make the problem go away. It worked for me. I'm not saying it's an ideal solution, but if it works for you, you will at least have an unobstructed view of the review. Be sure to hit Ctrl++ (that is, the Control button and the plus sign simultaneously) to restore the size of your web page images on your monitor when you're done.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
But you shouldn't have to do that. The folks in charge are aware of the problem, and I'm sure a fix will occur at some point hopefully soon.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Hey look! Now I can read it. Someone has pulled the right lever! Well done that person.

Thanks for the review. I've never seen this film in 3D but have several times in 2D. (I'm a big Rita Hayworth fan) I'm delighted that it looks so good in 3D. The disc is on its way to me and I'm straining at the leash!

Reactions: PMF

moviepas

Supporting Actor
I got rid of the overlap as suggested and then had to log in again as I did when I opened the page and the type is tiny now. Then I could not log in and had to use my Facebook details and I was logged in but the small type remained and the overlap reappeared. Seeing I had 8 hours and no r-mails overnight this new problem is annoying. One wonders what is going on out there!!!!

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
matt-hough

Miss Sadie Thompson 3D Blu-ray Review

misssadiethompontop-1024x576.jpg

After previous screen versions starring Gloria Swanson and Joan Crawford had indelibly burned the character’s name into the public consciousness, Curtis Bernhardt brought the lady back to life in Technicolor and 3D with the 1953 Miss Sadie Thompson.

[review]
Click here to read the original article.
My first post.
We were delighted to see this 3D BR release being lovers of shall we say the classic 3D films we had not been able to see for years in 3D and so many thanks to the distributor for making this happen. Really enjoyable and nice to see a great star return to the screen for this 3D outing.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
My first post.
We were delighted to see this 3D BR release being lovers of shall we say the classic 3D films we had not been able to see for years in 3D and so many thanks to the distributor for making this happen. Really enjoyable and nice to see a great star return to the screen for this 3D outing.
Welcome to HTF! There are a great many admirers of 3D and Rita Hayworth here. We're glad to have you with us!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Sorry to bring up this old thread but, I was watching the extras and surprised that the trailer is for the 2D version of the movie. The trailer for the 3D release is on The World 3-D Film Expo DVD so it does exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks