What's new

3D Miss Sadie Thomp-soon? (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Still number one in sales. Get yours before they sell-out!

MISS.jpg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Yes. Nearly *every* Blu-ray 3-D title includes a 2-D viewing option.

The Blu-ray 3D spec mandates that each 3D title be backwards compatible to 2D displays. Some studios accomplish this by including separate 2D and 3D discs, while others have both versions on the same disc. The only studio to flout this was Disney - twice - before they more or less abandoned the format. ("Oz The Great And Powerful" and the "Toy Story Box 3D" include the 3D versions without the 2D, which isn't really supposed to be allowed.)

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Do you guys see any particular reason to pre-order at Twilight Time or Screen Archives?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Do you guys see any particular reason to pre-order at Twilight Time or Screen Archives?

For this particular release, the Twilight Time site offered a ten percent discount if I would make a post on my Facebook account that I bought it. So I went with Twilight Time for that.

In general, I've had positive experiences buying from both. I think TT gets more money per disc when you order directly from them, so when everything else is equal, that's what I try to do.

Quatermass II

Second Unit
Real Name
John Hayes
I've been a Screen Archives customer for years - before Twilight Time started up - so I just carried on with them when they started selling TT titles. I also buy their soundtracks as well, so I can save a little on postage having several mixed items in one order. I've also ordered direct from TT, though, with no problems. Being resident in the UK, all my US purchases go to a pal in New York, anyway, and he makes up a parcel of the stuff I've bought every few months and sends it to me and that works out a little cheaper than having single items sent direct. I just have to be patient until the weight of the items I've bought makes up the most economical package with regard to US postal charges.

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I've bought from both, but with indecision. I reverted to Screen Archives for this one. The tie-breaker was that media mail option that SAE has to save a buck on shipping. I have such a backlog I won't even notice when it comes in.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
The problem with ordering from the US for the UK is Her Majesty's Customs & Extortion slapping a whopping duty surcharge on it when it arrives.

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Mine, too. Occasionally, their manufacturer doesn't quite meet the release date. I also have to say that on occasion I've received my discs early.....if there is a delay, it is usually just a few days. I'm excited to finally see this film in 3D! The 3D trailer on the 3D RARITIES disc just whetted my appetite to see it as intended.

I remember that HARLOCK was delayed significantly because there was a QA issue that TT wanted to correct prior to release, but they announced that well in advance.

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
For this particular release, the Twilight Time site offered a ten percent discount if I would make a post on my Facebook account that I bought it.

Personally, I am growing very impatient with companies that only offer deals or information through Facebook. I do not, nor have I, any desire in the future to subscribe to this information-gathering site that seems to have taken over the countryside (probably a good part of the world), almost certainly linked to the NSA. This is discrimination and an attempt to force people into joining because otherwise they are (or will soon be) outsiders in a society hell-bent on digital, as opposed to actual face-to-face, contact. We're just becoming robots and pawns, and if it means not having access to so-called "social" (when it is really the exact opposite) networking only to those who post on Facebook, I am happy to steer clear. I would hope that abstaining from membership means I will have a better shot at maintaining a modicum of internet privacy (I know, I know), and I will gladly abstain. God knows, the government is probably even recording this post. And now any new TV you buy and connect to the internet is collecting tons of info from you. When will this end? Probably, never. Yet, we don't have to be victims. The downside is that we just might lose out on "deals," which is what American consumers thrive on.

TT's recent offering of a discount (and theirs is one of the less egregious offenses...I can't even read some Public Radio playlists anymore unless I am a member) prompted this post, as I wouldn't have expected that from them. They could have offered that discount to anyone who purchased from them and posted their comments on a non-Facebook blog, or even on HTF. Please, everyone, stop painting the world into a more and more isolated corner under the guise of "social networking," and instead encourage personal, physical contact with our fellow humans instead of falsely intimate texting encounters with people we will probably never even meet.

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
For this particular release, the Twilight Time site offered a ten percent discount if I would make a post on my Facebook account that I bought it..

No offense to TT, which I support whole-heartedly. But a disclaimer does not mean that I retract what I just said above. And yes, I realize there is a bit of a double-standard in my post (where is there not one?), since I post on this forum more or less anonymously and am unlikely to meet up with any other members in person (although that is certainly possible).

Still, my rant about Facebook stands.

Last edited:

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Personally, I am growing very impatient with companies that only offer deals or information through Facebook. I do not, nor have I any desire in the future to, subscribe to this information-gathering site that seems to have taken over the countryside (probably a good part of the world), almost certainly linked to the NSA. This is discrimination and an attempt to force people to into joining because otherwise they are (or will soon be) outsiders in a society hell-bent on digital, as opposed to actual face-to-face, contact. We're just becoming robots and pawns, and if it means not having access to so-called "social" (when it is really the exact opposite) networking only to those who post on Facebook is just another way of marginalizing those of us who do not wish to imbibe. But if abstaining from membership means I will have a better shot at maintaining a modicum of internet privacy (I know, I know), I will gladly abstain. God knows, the government is probably even recording this post. And now any new TV you buy and connect to the internet is collecting tons of info from you. When will this end? Probably, never. We don't have to be victims. The downside is that we just might lose out on "deals," which is what American consumers thriv

TT's recent offering of a discount (and theirs is one of the less egregious offenses...I can't even read some Public Radio playlists anymore unless I am a member) prompted this post, as I wouldn't have expected that from them. They could have offered that discount to anyone who purchased from them and posted their comments on a non-Facebook blog, or even on HTF. Please everyone, stop painting the world into a more and more isolated corner under the guise of "social networking," and instead encourage personal, physical contact with our fellow humans instead of falsely intimate texting encounters with people we will probably never even meet.

I couldn't agree more. Now if we could just get rid of smartphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks