3D Miss Sadie Thomp-soon? (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Matt Hough said:
At the HTF meet a week ago, Nick Redman of Twilight Time told us they have the rights to release Miss Sadie Thompson in 3D but simply haven't slotted a time for its release yet. It IS coming at some point.

That's great news! Earlier we had heard that people had inquired about it but Sony wasn't making it available for license, so this is a fantastic update!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Matt Hough said:
I don't remember if it was, but Gorilla at Large was mentioned. Twilight Time has that one, too.

It was recorded so, which titles they mentioned should be on there.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I wouldn't get too excited. Maybe I didn't hear it right, but I thought they said these 3D titles might be released in two to ten years from now. I could be wrong.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
SADIE is restored and a 3-D master is ready to go. All they have to do is author and replicate.

GORILLA is not ready and Fox does not have a left/right master so no work has been done. In fact, they don't know what side they have mastered in HD. Nobody made note of it on the file...

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
RolandL said:
I wouldn't get too excited. Maybe I didn't hear it right, but I thought they said these 3D titles might be released in two to ten years from now. I could be wrong.
In 10 years I'll be to old to care. :( :3dglasses:

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
RolandL said:

That seems an odd way to drum up excitement about the release but rest assured, the steady flow of product on 3-D Blu-ray from the 3-D Film Archive next year (and beyond) will satisfy your Golden Age 3-D needs!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Bob Furmanek said:
That seems an odd way to drum up excitement about the release but rest assured, the steady flow of product on 3-D Blu-ray from the 3-D Film Archive next year (and beyond) will satisfy your Golden Age 3-D needs!

That's great news!

At the HTF meet in 2012, TT said they were going to release a 1950's 3D title and later we found out it was Man in the Dark. Since then, no 1950's 3D titles.

I asked and I think it was Adam also asked TT at the HTF meet in 2015 about 3D titles. It put a smile of their faces and it didn't seem like they were very interested as they joked about it. Maybe I misunderstood their re-actions as implying it would be a long time before they release another 1950's 3D title. I hope I'm wrong.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
With SADIE ready to go, it's a very simple process to author and release on 3-D Blu-ray. Grover Crisp and his restoration team at Sony have done all the work.

On GORILLA, we would need to identify the current transfer (hopefully it's the same side from start to finish), scan the opposing side from 35mm and then do shot-by-shot panel-matching and alignment in order to create a widescreen (1.66:1) 3-D master.

I really don't see Twilight Time paying for this work so it's up to Fox to cover the costs. As they know, we can do the best job at the most reasonable price.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
While I enjoy MAN IN THE DARK, that would not have been my first choice for Blu-ray release from the Sony 3-D library.

If I were calling the shots on the nine Golden Age Columbia 3-D titles and three shorts, here's the order I would go with:

1. The Mad Magician

2. Miss Sadie Thompson

3. Gun Fury with Down the Hatch

4. William Castle box - Fort Ti with Spooks, Drums of Tahiti, Jesse James vs. the Daltons

5. Man in the Dark with Pardon My Backfire

6. Western double-feature: The Stranger Wore a Gun and The Nebraskan

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks