What's new

MIss Piggy Should Be Ashamed Of Herself (1 Viewer)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
It's not so strange. Pigs eat anything and don't seem to have a problem with cannibalism.
Hey if you follow the U.S. meatpacking industry, you'll note that chickens, pigs, and cows eat...well...chickens, pigs, cows, and sheep!
Chickens, cows, and pigs all eat the same feed. Feed made from the ground-up-parts of chickens, cows, pigs, sheep, and probably horses, dogs, and cats too (the latter two made from ex-pets taken from shelters).
You don't want to know how much feces are present in store-bought and fast food meat. Or maybe you do. If you can stomach zombie movies, I'm sure you can (literally) stomach ground beef that is (literally) full of shit. :)
(Fast Food Nation...great book. The guy should've gotten the Pulitzer Prize!)
Keep in mind that cannibalism is the best way to catch those nasty, awful, indestructible (irradiation can't touch'em) prion proteins...the kind that will literally liquify your brain. Known colloquially as "mad cow" disease.

Julie K

Screenwriter
Pigs are a bit different than cows or sheep. Pigs are omnivores and will naturally eat meat. They've been known to run down sheep and eat them. Pigs were a key contributor to the extinction of the dodo. They destroyed their habitat but mostly they ate them. The wild or feral pig is a far, far different critter than the cute pudgy hairless domesticated piggy. It's no "Babe".

Chickens are also omnivores and if you get squeemish over the list you present you probably shouldn't see what free range chickens will eat. You'll never see a happier chicken than one who's eating its own cracked egg.

But I certainly agree that feeding herbivores to other herbivores is a damn stupid thing to do.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Two cows are talking near a fence.
One says to the other: "So, what do you make of this mad cow disease. Are you scared?"
The other replies: "Why should I be scared, I'm a chicken."
:)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Reminds me of the time when Foghorn Leghorn was pitching Kentucky Fried Chicken!

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I'd forgotten pigs and chickens were omnivores. Of course, most animals are not cannibals (except in special circumstances likely related to starvation). Larger species(i.e. the more complex ones) cannot afford to be cannibalistic...those that were I'm sure died out quickly because of the incredible parasite load they'd have to endure. A quick recipe for extinction when other non-cannibalistic species with much lower parasite loads squeeze them out!
Just look at hoof-and-mouth disease...current industrialized farming techniques provide a perfect environment to fast-forward the evolution of that disease! With all the antibiotics that are pumped into livestock to stave off the heavy bacterial environment they live in, literally wallowing in their own feces, we've cut the development time of super-bugs by millions of years!
Natural selection, indeed!
Well, at least Miss Pig doesn't have hoof-and-mouth disease. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks