Misleading domain name may cause some confusion

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Gariepy, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Mike Gariepy

Mike Gariepy Stunt Coordinator

Being Canadian, I occasionally mis-type the domain name of this site using our (and UK) spelling of the word THEATRE.
    In the past it went nowhere, but recently some company called Domain Active Pty. Ltd. has parked www.hometheatreforum.com and put up a site that is basically a portal/link page to entertainment related sites.
    While I personally am quite familiar with the domain name of the TRUE site (and it's bookmarked most of the time), it's going to make things much more complicated when trying to get people to use this great place through word of mouth. I'm going to have to ensure they use the alternate spelling of theatre.
    Just a little peeve that I needed to vent about and it seemed like the only place to do it.

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Mike:

I know. We try to get the domain name of hometheatreforum.com registered about 2 years ago and it was already taken. So.......Hopefully they won't get that much traffic and drop the domain name after a short period of time.

Parker