What's new

Mirsubishi 48413 - Video Noise / Grain (1 Viewer)

JohnKings

Stunt Coordinator
I have read in various posts that the xxx13 series has had some problems with inherent grain which is noticable on all inputs. I just got my 48413 and it has it as well. Even on DVDs (i.e. Toy Story, Resident Evil, Monsters, Inc.) there is this moving wall of video noise which is most noticable in lower lighted scenes. It is somewhat difficult to see, but its there. I had a Hitach S700 series and the image was completely stable without a hint of grain. Is there anything that can be done about this or is it just something I will have to learn to live with? I ws watching a movie and the noise/grain actually made it appear as though it was raining in a scene where it wasn't. For what its worth, I have turned off VSM in both the user and service settings and have turned down sharpness, contrast and brightness. I am using an XP50 DVD player with AR Master Series Component Interconnects.

Thanks in adavance for any help.

John

JohnKings

Stunt Coordinator
I have read in various posts that the xxx13 series has had some problems with inherent grain which is noticable on all inputs. I just got my 48413 and it has it as well. Even on DVDs (i.e. Toy Story, Resident Evil, Monsters, Inc.) there is this moving wall of video noise which is most noticable in lower lighted scenes. It is somewhat difficult to see, but its there. I had a Hitach S700 series and the image was completely stable without a hint of grain. Is there anything that can be done about this or is it just something I will have to learn to live with? I ws watching a movie and the noise/grain actually made it appear as though it was raining in a scene where it wasn't. For what its worth, I have turned off VSM in both the user and service settings and have turned down sharpness, contrast and brightness. I am using an XP50 DVD player with AR Master Series Component Interconnects.

Thanks in adavance for any help.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks