What's new

Miramax, where're "El Cid" and "Fall of the Roman Empire, The" (1 Viewer)

Bob Engleman

Stunt Coordinator
Considering all the insignificant material released each Tue., it's surprising these titles have languished in your storage area.

Bob Engleman

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
Bob, last I heard (I think it was in this forum), these titles had apparently been put on the back burner for some reason. So I wouldn't count on an early release.

I think these titles have been released in Japan, but I haven't heard how the transfers are.

Benn

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone heard whether MiraMax is planning to release the Japanese version of SHALL WE DANCE? before or around the same time that their U.S. version with Richard Gere is due out?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
You don't have to wait for Disney. The Bronston epics (sans CIRCUS WORLD) are available from Korea in NTSC, with reasonably good widescreen transfers and trailers. Disney gets not one penny from your purchase of these, I suspect, so you can effectively boycott them buy buying foreign instead of waiting years for them to release any of the dozen or so movies they've opted to withhold from us (ED WOOD, CITY OF GOD, latest TREASURES series, LILO AND STICH and POCHAONTAS special editions, etc).

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info Mark!

Do you know if the subtitles are removable?

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I received mine last Wdnesday, so it took about 10 days.

I'm very happy with my purchase. The films look pretty good.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The best part is, Disney is not getting one red cent of your money when you buy these. It's like boycotting Disney and eating the cake, too!

Bob Engleman

Stunt Coordinator
The Korean site specifically states "Region 3". Being ignorant of regional coding requirements, will this play on a region 1 machine?

Bob Engleman

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Is the "Overture and Intermission music" included on the Korean discs of "El Cid" , "55 Days at Peking" and "Fall of the Roman Empire"?

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I just received my "Epic Collection" . All three films are in Dolby 5.1 . The films look good and contain the overtures, except for "Fall of the Roman Empire" which originally did not have one. I am pleased with my purchase.
The only troubling thing is the sound on "55 Days at Peking". Its very strange and the openiing credit music is very very tinny. Any one else have this problem?

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
A friend's wife interviewed Christopher Plummer regarding FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE for the DVD release... back in 2000! There's got to be a rights squabble or something like that going on.

TedD

Supporting Actor
Douglas, No, no intermission music or intermission as far as I could tell.

The audio on 55 days does, in fact, suck.

Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks