What's new

MirageBPS400 VS. SVS 2039PC+ : The winner is.... (1 Viewer)

Edwin_H

Stunt Coordinator
I did an in home side-by-side comparison of the 20-39 PC+ to my old(now sold) Mirage BPS-400. As my last sentence indicates, the SVS was the winner for me. It rules!
I think the Mirage is a helluva beast of a sub and it is by no means completely destroyed by the SVS. However, I feel(literally!) that the SVS is the better sub for me. I won't say my opinion on this comparison would apply to everyone. I got a lot of feedback saying that I'd be a fool to give up the Mirage as it is one of the best subs available. I agree it is one of the best. But the SVS is one of the best as well IMHO. And it completely and totally impressed me and I love it.
It hits lows cleaner and tighter than the Mirage. It doesn't get as boomy, which is why I became unhappy with the Mirage(it was almost too much for my room).
Some will agree with me, others won't. But I'll tell you my personal taste says that the SVS is the clear winner here. It just hits the bass the way I want it hit. It just feels clean and tight, and I feel it deep! That's the way I like it. When I first got myself into HT stuff about 5 years ago(at the tender age of 17), I wanted loud, I wanted boomy, I wanted newbie bass if you will. Today I appreciate deep and tight bass that the SVS sub hits. There is not a shred of disappointment in my decision. I sold my Mirage and I have my wonderful SVS. I couldn't be more pleased. My experience with SVS was top notch thanks to the speedy and informative responses of Ron and Tom(Thanks guys!). I can't recommend SVS enough. I know I'm the umpteenth person to say it, but that just goes to show you what a great company they are.
I had some friends over the other day to listen to some SACDs(gotta love Toto's Africa in 5.1!!!) and they were all extremely impressed with the bass and how much cleaner it felt than the ol' Mirage. It's hard and you feel it, but it's not too obtrusive is about how they felt. I love showing off my stuff, and all of my friends I've demo'd to so far were extremely impressed by the SVS performance. Many had felt the Mirage was too much before. And now they say this is more like it. Approval all around, though my girlfriend is just like "Yeah, it's nice. Stop buying stuff!!"
So in closing, I love the SVS 20-39PC+. It beats the Mirage BPS-400 hands down. I couldn't be happier. That's my story. Thanks for listening.

-Edwin

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Good post Edwin, I knew you wouldn't be satisfied until you knew for sure by testing both subs side by side which was the best for you.

Congrats!!!!!

Trevor_J

Second Unit
I have to agree with you Edwin. My brother has a pair of BPS-400's in his theater set up. We did a shootout a while ago against my CS 20-39. The SVS's won hands down. If it wasn't for the layout of his room he would have sold his BPS's in a heartbeat for the SVS. Now, everytime he comes over to my place, he always comments on how much he loves the sound of my subs and starts thinking of how he can get the SVS' to go with his decor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks