Mirage Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Bill*L, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Bill*L

Bill*L Extra

Can someone give me some feedback on thier experience with Mirage OM9 and OMCR2 speakers? I have been auditioning speakers for a while now and really like the sound of the Mirage line. I currently have Infinity Overture speakers and looking to upgrade them and my center channel. I have found them new for $1700 for 2 OM9 speakers and the OMCR2 center.

Thanks

2. Pasquale

Pasquale Auditioning

Bill,

I have both OM9's and a OM-C2 and like both very much. That seems like a very good price for both. Of course the size of your room will have a big impact on how the speakers perform. They create quite a large soundstage in a large room. Good luck with any decision you make. What do you plan on using for a subwoofer? I am using the OM200 which like the OM9's and OM-C2 are bipolar.

Peace

3. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I have the OM-7's. I really like them, but the imaging does suffer a small amount vs good direct radiators. I had to move them out 18" out from the front wall, or else they sounded like they were in a tunnel (the image was *beyond* the front wall, and not in front of the speakers where it should be). I do like the spaciousness, and the fact that they sound pretty good even in the next room over. (My family room opens up into the kitchen.)

As far as the OM-C2, I really like it a lot. With centers up to now, they actually imaged too well, and I noticed the speaker above the TV more than the image coming from the TV. The increased spaciousness/less imaging for this speaker is really a plus. Hard to explain, but maybe that makes sense? [​IMG]