Mirage Speakers...Any Good?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Dave Linthicum, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Dave Linthicum

Dave Linthicum Auditioning

I saw the Mirage Omnisat speakers at Tweeter this weekend. They look very nice, sounded pretty good, anybody out there have any time on these?

Thanks.

2. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

I heard the Omnisats over the weekend as well. I was certainly impressed. I would get a different sub than what comes in that Tweeter package. I just purchased a pair of OMNI 60 bookshelves yesterday, but they won't be in for a week or so. Then, I probably won't be able to open them until Xmas. hehe...When I was demoing over the weekend, Tweeter switched back and forth from the Sats to the Omni 5.1 setup. I found a substantial different. The OMNI line definitely thickens things up considerably, in a good way of course. But, if space is an issue, the Omnisats are very nice. The special Tweeter deal of 6 Omnisats, the LFE100, and Denon 2802 package for $799 is now over, but even at $1,499 is not bad at all. Sure beats the heck out of a Bose Acoustimass setup which will run you $1,300 itself. As I said earlier though, that LFE100 just doesn't seem to have enough oomph in my opinion, at least when I was demoing.

3. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Check out Mirage's site too in that they have a bunch of reviews listed.