What's new

Mirage Omnisat heard them? (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Actually Matt if there is a weakness in the system its definetly with the subwoofer. Other than adding a 6th channel rear surround speaker(s), the next speaker upgrade will be with the sub. I have never been overly impressed with it, especially on movies. Its half assed for music but I find to get any lows from it I need to put it closer to a wall(corner) than I would like to. I also had some issues with blowing the drivers but that seems to be fixed now after taking it in for the 4th time last winter. The good news is my dealer fixed it, free of charge(approx. $300.00 tab) even though it wasn't under warrenty. if there was a design flaw, I never heard about it.

The OM-10s on the other hand for the price I got them for were an absolute steal. Brand new for $995.00 CN. An amazing speaker.

Gregory S

Stunt Coordinator
Matt,

You say that you heard the Mirage bookshelf with the Omnisat technology. Do you know what size the front firing woofer is? How was the bass response (without sub)?

I'm thinking of using the Omnisat bookshelf speakers as surround speakers - I have other speakers (non-Mirage) for the L/C/R. I'm looking to get more bass than the Omnisat satellites would provide. I think that the bookshelf version would provide a more balanced system when used with my L/C/R.

Thanks,
Greg

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
Michael, I know that there are some US dealers that received a buncha new OM10's retailin' 'em for $699 US .mY company didn't jump on that deal 'cause of the new Omni's commin' in.
Their are 2 bookshelf and 2 floorstanding models
bookshelf #1 has one 5.25
" #2 " " 6.5
floorstander #1 has two 5.25's
" #2 " " 6.5's
will repost the specs when I fish 'em outa' my truck later!!!!!

bently

Grip
Just got a flyer from Tweeter, and it has the omni 60 listed @ $499/pair :)
i'll probably check it out this weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks