What's new

mirage frx vs. paradigm monitors (1 Viewer)

Matt Broeska

Stunt Coordinator
hey everyone,
i'm just wondering if i could get some opinions from the owners of either of these types of speakers. just a little while ago i did an a/b comparison of a pair of mirage frx 3's against a pair of Link Removed (similar price range) both were hooked up to a nad t751 receiver. this test was just for music although i'm going to test for home theater soon. i found that the mirage were less boomy and seemed more tight with the music i was listening too (both acoustic and electronic).
i was wondering if any paradigm or miarge owners could chime in with their opinion of these speakers and tell me (and anyone else interested) in both the pros and cons of both of these speakers.
------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
Instead of the Monitor 3, try either the Mini Monitor or the Monitor five (both bookshelf style) they have a smaller 6.5 inch woofer and may help with the boominess.
The mirage I have not listened to.
------------------
Oops, I dropped my eardrums.
Could you pick them up for me?

Duane_T

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Ryan. I listened to the 3s and didn't like the boominess. I do really like the Minis and the 5s though (I have Mon 7s and Mini Mons).

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I can't recall if the 3's are rear ported or not - if so they will be very sensitive to placement relative to room boundaries. Make sure each speaker is placed according to manufacturer's recommendations (at least as a starting point) when comparing. They will respond differently in different locations. Both companies, however, make fine speakers IMO.
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

Matt Broeska

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the tips, guys. i'll give the mini's a shot next time. as for speaker placement, the guy was very carefull that he had them set up properly and made sure that for each demo they were in the same spot with the tweaters at the same height.
------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks